First Book has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions permitted). Proof of Fully Vaccinated Status is Required Before an Interview.
About the position: (This is not a 100% remote position/ MANDATORY IN OFFICE: Tuesday & Wednesday)
Do you have a private sector head and a public-sector heart? First Book is looking for a creative, entrepreneurial individual to be the Manager, Research & Insights. First Book Research & Insights (R&I) is one of the fastest growing areas of focus for First Book. Our Member Network is made up of educators nationwide who serve children in need in a variety of settings, including school-based, after school, early childhood, community programs, faith-based programs and many others. First Book has established a research respondent database of these educators and practitioners who are eager to share their insights about the educational barriers and opportunities facing the children they serve. As a result, First Book has built a dedicated research department that conducts qualitative and quantitative research and gathers data analytics, with the goal of elevating the needs and voice of educators serving children in need specifically. Insights derived from this research are often used to both direct the trajectory of First Book as an organization and improve the state of education for children in need, by influencing the work done by our external partners in both the corporate and non-profit spaces.
The ideal candidate would come to First Book Research & Insights with a solid foundation in market research practices and client service and would be ready to join us as we continue to build this ever-growing focus of First Book. This candidate would ideally complement First Book’s existing capabilities and help First Book continue to expand its research and data analytics capacities even further, with an eye toward supporting strategic growth for the organization. The individual will have a strong sense of urgency, excellent communication skills, and experience delivering outstanding client service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· The Technical Research Work
o Partner with First Book leadership to develop research strategies and designs that effectively address organization and partner challenges and goals
o Design, program, test, and administer surveys. Manage data collection, analysis, and report of final results.
o Draft focus group discussion guides, manage recruitment efforts, and monitor virtual focus groups live
o Conduct descriptive and inferential analyses, customer lifetime value analyses, and thematic coding analysis
o Use administrative data to contextualize and inform R&I research agenda
o Respond to internal data requests (to support proposal development, partner reporting, etc.)
· Data Storytelling -- Framing the Research Insights
o Compile findings into partner-ready presentations and present findings internally and to partner “clients”
o Provide ongoing project management ownership for roll out of key studies for both internal and external stakeholders
o Work with First Book leadership to determine findings that will be compelling and important to press, thought leaders, policy makers, funders, and the First Book Network
o Support the design and implementation of an annual First Book Signature Study
· Systems Improvements
o Maintain the network Salesforce dashboard and manage new report development
o Develop and manage an electronic data hub that provides First Bookers seamless access to data they need for funding proposals, partner reports, etc.
o Determine how existing member registration & sales data can be better used to drive membership and sales growth
o Develop & streamline management of research respondent database
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
· Deep analytics expertise; ability to not just work with data, but also derive insights and conclusions from large datasets
· Knowledge of Salesforce, Qualtrics, and Policy Map a plus
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial skills. An entrepreneurial spirit is a core to First Book’s DNA. Must be a tenacious self-starter.
· Exceptional writing and presentation skills. Must be able to produce creative written content and presentations quickly and under time pressure
· Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to spark, cultivate, and grow relationships with corporate leaders. Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
· Keen organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to represent First Book in a variety of settings, including with external partners
· A passion for First Book’s mission that is visible and contagious
· A sense of humor—this one is required
· Is a thought leader, stays abreast of trends
· Has a Beginners Mind, always looking for new ways to make things better
· Embodies the values of Trust, Customer Success, Innovation, and Equality
Education and/or Experience:
· 5+ years’ experience in qualitative and quantitative market research and data analytics or equivalent educational experience
· 5+ years’ experience in client management
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· Hybrid work environment - work schedule is partially in-person and partially remote
· Dental & medical insurance
· Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
· Vacation leave
· Sick leave
· Twelve Annual Holidays
· 401K and employer matching pension contribution
· Transportation benefits
TO APPLY: Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to https://firstbook.bamboohr.com/careers. If you need assistance applying, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See what First Book has been up to!: