The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a non-profit membership organization that serves the needs of tree care professionals and promotes the profession of arboriculture around the world. ISA is known as the industry authority on research, education and professional development. Each role in the organization plays an important part in delivering excellent member benefits and customer service.
The EPS Specialist is responsible for supporting the EPS department and the EPS Manager with the department’s administrative duties and special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Understands ISA’s Mission and adheres to organization and staff core values.
- Supports the needs of the EPS team, coordinating and documenting meetings and team status updates.
- Assists in the administration of TRAQ facilitator relations including communication, material distribution, facilitator meetings and course activities with partners and components.
- Supports the activities of the following committees: Z133 AREA SRC Conference Program Other ad hoc committees when the need arises
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, arranging conference calls, setting up online and in-person meetings, coordinating meeting notes and distribution of minutes and agendas.
- Helps maintain the formal volunteer recognition program for committee volunteers and subject matter experts.
- Fulfills EPS department comp requests for volunteers, reviewers, etc.
- Supports conference educational programming activities from beginning to end, including abstract submissions, coordination of Conference Program Committee input, speaker selection, speaker contracts and stipend forms, speaker room assignments, moderator scripts and assignments, and event-day EDU session management.
- Supports EPS Department events and meeting planning.
- Fields inquiries regarding product licensing and other EPS related customer service inquiries.
- Assists as needed in the maintenance of contracts related to product licensing, author royalties, translation licensing royalties, and others.
- Coordinates with IT support on EPS Department technical needs and technological challenges.
- Assists in the handling of inventory processes and quality control issues.
- Supports the product ordering and printing processes. Contributes to administration of the ISA Online Store, including posting new products, removing discontinued products, and auditing all products on a periodic basis.
- Carries out fulfilment and inventory processes for international distribution partner and resellers of ISA products.
- Special projects as assigned by the EPS Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
An Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred; minimum 5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate in written and spoken English on a professional level
- Fluency in additional languages is a plus
Decision Making/Reasoning Ability
- Ability to coordinate projects with subject matter experts, committees, and key vendors
- Ability to work collaboratively on cross-departmental projects
- Ability to complete projects accurately within deadlines
- Ability to resolve problems with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently to complete projects, with little to no day-to-day supervision
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Customer service orientation with good communication skills to develop positive working relationships with industry professionals, volunteers, vendors, and colleagues.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Moves about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Regularly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Frequently communicates with internal and external customers.
- This position requires occasional lifting, under 25 lbs.
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
- Occasional weekend and/or evening work may be required.
Technology and Equipment
- Office 365; proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and basic Internet.
- Experience with inventory management systems and online retail platforms is helpful.