This position is responsible for analyzing key trends and developments impacting healthcare in low-income and historically disadvantaged communities, and supporting development of V-Cap’s offerings, services and strategy to meet the needs of our markets and community partners. This position will play an integral role in the next phase of V-Cap’s growth.
- Analyze policy and sector developments in V-Cap’s target markets impacting community-based health organizations, access to a quality continuum of care including mental health and substance use services, racial health disparities and delivery of culturally competent care;
- Develop V-Cap’s target healthcare market strategies, programs and offerings in conjunction with V-Cap’s leadership team;
- Collaborate with community health leaders in our target markets, sector thought leaders, and public officials in developing and updating programs and offerings to reflect sector trends;
- Support V-Cap’s CEO in developing V-Cap’s strategic plan;
- Support V-Cap’s Director of Partnerships and Advocacy on defining advocacy opportunities in V-Cap’s target markets.
- Minimum 3 years related experience, for example: public policy healthcare role, management consulting with a community healthcare organization focus, healthcare focused philanthropy, research and advocacy related to healthcare access, quality, and equity;
- MBA, MPA or equivalent; or sufficient comparable career experience.
- Experience in program, product, or policy development.
Skill sets for success:
- Strong understanding of regulatory environment, issues and concerns, and funding streams impacting low-income community healthcare;
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to integrate information from written sources, data sets, and relational/conversational sources;
- Excellent relational and communication skills necessary for collaborative learning and solutions development;
- Demonstrated capacity for continuous learning related to V-Cap’s domains; Mission-driven focus and commitments consistent with V-Cap’s mission.
V-Cap team members share these attributes:
- Self-starters who can work independently and have a strong problem-solving orientation,
- Comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and navigating change while ably representing stakeholders and communities,
- Motivated and curious learners, about the communities we work with, the healthcare system, and lending solutions,
- Driven to contribute financially sound, creative solutions in the rapidly changing healthcare landscape,
- Well-versed in remote/hybrid-based work skills and discipline.
Location: Metro New York City or remote located in Raleigh-Durham area, NC or Denver metro area, CO.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are a foundational priority at V-Cap, including in our equal opportunity employment practices.
Vital Healthcare Capital (V-Cap) is a not-for-profit CDFI dedicated to strengthening quality healthcare in low-income communities. We finance community health centers and behavioral health organizations, advocate for health equity including good healthcare jobs, and build partnerships to strengthen communities in need.
Our lending and development services have recently focused on New York, Colorado, and North Carolina. We partner with Self-Help, one of the largest CDFI entities in the country, to bring scalable capital and national reach to the communities we serve.
V-Cap is headquartered in New York City with team members located in the metro New York City area, Denver CO, and Raleigh NC.
You'll find a continuous learning environment where each team member’s contributions are highly valued, and you'll thrive in our small, tight-knit, and growth-oriented organization where ownership of your work, a creative, problem-solving outlook, and a mission-driven orientation matter and make an immediate, meaningful difference.
We offer competitive compensation, commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package, and a supportive team, committed to each other and our professional development.
If you are passionate about making a difference in our world, through strengthening healthcare options to the disadvantaged, consider joining us in our mission to make change happen!
Qualified applicants should provide their resume / letter of credentials to: email@example.com