JOB TITLE: Director of Family Services
SUPERVISOR: Executive Director
STATUS: Full-time/40 hours per week/flexible hours/hybrid
OVERVIEW: Habitat for Humanity - North Central Georgia, which serves Cherokee, Dawson, Forsyth, and North Fulton counties, enables individuals to build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Habitat for Humanity-North Central Georgia, Inc., an independent affiliate of Habitat for Humanity International, is an affordable, ecumenical Christian housing ministry located in Roswell, Georgia. We are looking for our next Director of Family Services.
The focus of this position is on family services and community outreach.
The Director of Family Services reports to the Executive Director (ED). The ideal candidate is a self-starter and can work both independently and well with others.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Homebuyer/Home Repair Family Services
- In coordination with the ED, assist in the development of a family services plan and procedure to be executed at both the overall and local levels.
- In coordination with the ED, establish best practice policies and procedures for homebuyer and home repair programs.
- Ensure all families are treated in accordance with federal, state, and local equal opportunity housing laws.
- Obtains and Maintains Qualified the Loan Originator certification annually.
- Oversees family selection and support committee recruitment, training, and retention.
- Coordinates the application process for new and home repair programs and ensure qualified families are recommended for programs.
- Supports the families through the construction process and the warranty period.
- Ensures families complete all requirements of the homebuyer and home repair program, to include, sweat equity hours and educational classes.
- Ensures all program agreements, loan applications, and other required documentation have been executed.
- Plans and oversees educational classes for partner families and tracks family participation.
- Works with ED to assign partner families to appropriate homes.
- Coordinates with the Construction Managers to schedule and lead pre-construction meetings.
- Works with the Volunteer Coordinator to plan First Nails and Dedications.
- Provides final income verification and documentation to ED for closings.
- Prepares and sends quarterly Homeowner newsletter.
- Tracks demographic information and prepares reports.
- Oversees planning and implements all homeowner activities.
- Helps create awareness of the mission of Habitat for Humanity through outreach to the community through public speaking and individual meetings.
- Reaches out to the community to expand pipeline for potential applicants for homebuyer and home repair programs.
- Represents the affiliate and participates in local chambers, civic groups, and social service associations and makes presentations when necessary.
- Assists in creating and distributing program marketing materials to include flyers, signage, etc. Assists in creating and distributing quarterly homeowner e-mail newsletters Prepares and distributes e-mail invitations to “First Nail” and home Dedication ceremonies Represents the affiliate at volunteer fairs, faith sponsors’ mission fairs, and other events
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong consideration for candidates with a Masters in Social Work (MSW)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and writing skills; energetic, extroverted, and detail-oriented. Team player
- A Motivated, self-starter who can work independently and in groups
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable in both business and faith-based environments
- Flexibility to work on Saturdays
- Passion for Habitat’s mission and serving others
- Work with a variety of people, personalities, ages, and backgrounds
- Lead, manage, supervise, and motivate individuals and teams of volunteers
- Plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate, and manage multiple work activities
- College education or significant relevant work experience
- Experience working in a nonprofit
- Experience with federal lending regulations
- Worked for a Habitat affiliate in the past
No telephone calls, please.
Habitat for Humanity – North Central Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or parenthood.