JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Level Up Manager, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) is seeking a passionate and mission-driven Mentoring Supervisor to join the agency. This is a full-time, exempt position that will support mentorship programming provided by Lead Mentors in middle-schools. The goal of our programming is to provide support and guidance to youth that advance their social-emotional development and academic progress.
The Mentoring Supervisor will ensure seamless program implementation and coordination at the school site by coordinating the enrollment of the participants in our Programs, facilitating and coordinating all programming logistics, and by leading and coaching the Lead Mentors to facilitate high-quality mentoring sessions. The Supervisor will work collaboratively with the school staff, while supporting the Lead Mentors and Volunteer Bigs through training and coaching opportunities to ensure program partnership.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Passion for the mission of BBBSMA
- Demonstrated leadership skills, proven experience as a supervisor or relevant role preferred
- Experience working in a school-based environment
- A positive, and forward-thinking communication style
- Comfortability identifying problems and addressing them efficiently and effectively
- Strong commitment to the values of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, show strong attention to detail, handle logistics, and organize time and priorities
- Ability to provide effective interviewing, assessment, and case management skills
- Ability to form and sustain appropriate child, adult volunteer-based relationships based on positive youth development and volunteer satisfaction
- Ability to build and foster collaborative relationships with school staff, Lead Mentor, volunteer mentor, families, and Littles
- Ability to effectively assess and execute the following relational support skills: guiding, supporting, confronting, advising, and/or negotiating
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and bring forward innovative practices and suggestions for improvements
- Knowledge of mentorship best practices
- Experience facilitating groups
- Comfortability and experience communicating effectively and naturally with kids of various ages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to focus on details, collect meaningful data, and draw solid conclusions
- Ability to relate well in multicultural environments
- Lead mentoring program implementation through effective communication and coordination among BBBS and the school partner
- Coordinate all aspects of programming to ensure fidelity of implementation at the school site
- Schedule, conduct and document enrollment of children and volunteers, including interviews, references, background checks, and completion of any other enrollment processes
- Review all enrollment and assessments to make recommendations for groups to include Littles and Volunteer Bigs
- Make 1:1 matches for Littles with either Lead Mentor or Volunteer Bigs
- Hold information sessions with families and school staff about programming.
- Provide direct-supervision, training, and coaching to Lead Mentors and Volunteer Bigs
- Hold bi-weekly coaching and support meetings with Lead Mentors
- Effectively communicate between leadership and team to ensure synergy in mission realization
- Provide child safety education and applied learned child safety and risk management knowledge, policies, and procedures to all aspects of job
- Conduct weekly team meetings within the school team for coaching, support, and communication of upcoming events and focus for Lead Mentors
- Contact each Little and Volunteer Big on a rolling, assigned schedule to provide coaching, resources, and information to each participant as needed
- Ensure logistics of school programming, including updating and preparing program materials and overseeing scheduling of groups with collaboration of school team
- Support management of attendance of Bigs and Littles in groups by monitoring program data and conducting follow-up as needed
- Conduct monthly check-ins with school point of contact for feedback and applies that feedback to program adjustments
- Field and respond to all communication regarding programming as assigned schools.
- Fill in for Lead Mentor at the assigned school as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as necessary
- Your educational background must meet one of the following minimum requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field relevant to work focused on social work, counseling, social services, child development, or education
- Associate’s degree and at least 2 years relevant work experience in related fields, such as social work, counseling, social services, child development, or education
- High school diploma with at least 4 years of relevant work experience in the related fields listed above
- 3-5 years relevant professional experience working in an education setting or youth-focused nonprofit, with at least 1-2 years experience in a leadership role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Working knowledge of and use of a customer relations management (CRM) system a plus (Salesforce preferred)
- Bilingual positions require candidates to write and speak Spanish fluently
W0RK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- This position will be based out of an assigned school. Attendance at the BBBSMA headquarters will be required when school is not in session and as needed.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 25% of the time.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (e.g., printer, copy machine).
- Must be able to communicate information and ideas clearly and accurately so others will understand.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Starting base salary is budgeted between $50,000 - 53,000 based on experience and qualifications.
- BBBSMA offers generous benefits including subsidized medical insurance, voluntary dental and vision, and employer paid Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability. We also offer immediate vesting and enrollment in a 403(b) plan with up to a 4.5% employer match.
About Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta
For 61 years, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Metro Atlanta (BBBSMA) has transformed the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in our community through a proven youth development strategy: one-to-one mentoring. The mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters is to create and support one-to-one mentoring relationships that ignite the power and promise of youth. The agency serves approximately 1,100 children from 12 metro Atlanta counties on an annual basis.
The Met, 680 Murphy Ave. SW, Atlanta GA 30310
For more information about BBBSMA please visit http://bbbsatl.org
Nondiscrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity:
BBBSMA does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.