The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the execution and administrative duties under the Outreach Program of SafeHouse Outreach. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the oversight of volunteer activities within the organization including, but not limited to, interviewing and hiring volunteers, volunteer data management, and communications with specific focus on Impact Services, Mission Teams, and other SHO Volunteer Programs. The Volunteer Coordinator / Impact Services Manager must be able to meet all outcomes within set timelines as given within the project description.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform their essential functions.
- Assist with volunteer orientations and onboarding of volunteers.
- Assist with the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- Assist with the recruitment and engagement of mission teams.
- Schedules appointments and meetings with potential clients, vendors and others as needed or required.
- Manage volunteer database in Giveffect software.
- Maintains office calendars and sends out reminders of impending appointments and volunteer schedules for Impact Services.
- Outreach methods include: extensive networking; presentations to faith, business, and/or community groups; staffing information booths at community events; and utilizing the media.
- Strong verbal skills, to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and community groups.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other softwares.
- Able to manage stressful situations
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Resolution
- Skilled at taking initiative
- Skilled at building interpersonal relationships with people from differing backgrounds.
- Dependable and able to maintain a positive attitude.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Data management
- Able to work in a faith-based environment.
- Able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
2-3 years of work experience in public administration, education, community/regional planning, human services or social/ behavioral science, or undergraduate degree in a related field.
To apply submit cover letter and resume to Chuck Wilbanks, Director of Outreach via email: Chuck@SafehouseOutreach[dot]org. Position will be opened until it is filled.