Founded in 1998, East Atlanta Kids Club (EAKC) was formed by a small group of local residents who understood the importance of engaging neighborhood youth as the most effective intervention for addressing the rapidly growing socioeconomic divide in the community. For 25 years, we have sought to provide youth, who otherwise would have limited after school and summer camp opportunities, with a safe and stimulating environment to play, learn, and express themselves under the guidance of caring adults.
GOAL OF THE POSITION
This is a new position in our organization, and the main goal for the Associate Director of Operations & Development is to lead all operational and development activities, acting as a strategic partner to EAKC’s Executive Director.
The Associate Director of Operations & Development will oversee key operational functions including facilities management, human resources, technology, legal and financial coordination with the accounting team. This role will also play a key role in fundraising activities including special event management, donor cultivation, database management, and assisting with grant writing & grant reporting.
The Associate Director of Operations & Development reports to our Executive Director and will act as the organization’s second-in-charge and a key strategic partner to organizational leadership. This role will improve internal business systems to fuel fundraising growth and operational efficiencies.
A SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL HAVE
Experience & Qualifications:
- At least 3-5 years nonprofit or for-profit management experience directly related to the role
- Demonstrated experience managing operations and development activities
- Demonstrated understanding of fundraising and donor cultivation
- Demonstrated ability building systems to improve organizational efficiency
- Demonstrated organizational skills and project or event management experience
Skills and Qualities:
- Passionate about Atlanta youth and community impact
- Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written; strong content development skills
- Experience establishing smart, relevant goals and relentless drive to meet those goals
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and effectively prioritize work
- Creative in designing and implementing effective solutions to unique problems
- Resourceful and innovative with an aptitude for learning new things quickly
- Self-starter comfortable in an entrepreneurial and flexible work environment
- Salary range is $50,000-$60,000 based on experience
- Benefits include $400/month QSEHRA and ongoing professional development opportunities.
- Typical hours are Monday - Thursday 10:00am - 6:00pm, Friday 10:00am - 3:00pm, and occasional night and weekend hours (special events) with subsequent flex time offered during regular hours
- Potential for significant compensation growth correlated with overall organizational health and operating budget growth