Moms Against Poverty is a tax-exempt, non-profit, charitable organization with the mission to nurture and educate impoverished children to their fullest potential so that one day they can contribute and lead within their own communities and break the cycle of poverty. Our work is holistically minded, advancing communities one program at a time toward well-being and self-sufficiency.
Our success depends on the dedication of our small but mighty team to advance our mission of fighting to end childhood poverty. We’re currently searching for a self-starting Development Manager to join our team to support our long-term growth. The ideal candidate will be a proactive problem solver with the ability to take things and run with them.
Moms Against Poverty strives to attract passionate, diverse professionals who share our propensity to achieve our mission while demonstrating a positive attitude within a high-energy environment.
This position will be based in our Burlingame, CA office and will report directly to the CEO.
- Manage day-to-day operation of the marketing and communications for Moms Against Poverty
- Build and adjust marketing automation and workflows to nurture leads and existing donors Build out customer segmentation portfolios to better understand the existing donor base and future state donor personas
- Lead the hiring and management of the Marketing team including contractors, summer interns, and volunteers
- Work with the marketing team to create and manage social media content
- Manage and create email campaigns for multiple donor segments
- Develop new fundraising campaigns as needed
- Maintain the health of the website by providing content, SEO, and analytics to ensure all content is up-to-date and relevant
- Assist outreach team with the logistics, planning, and execution of fundraising events from creative to ticketing and implementation
- Create marketing materials including event flyers, postcards, signage, etc.
- Manage press releases and inquiries as needed or as opportunities present themselves
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working in the non-profit field is preferred but not required
- 2+ years of marketing experience
- Exceptional problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with CRM systems like Virtuous, SalesForce, or Hubspot preferred
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office
- Attention to detail and stellar follow-up
- Creative design skills in Adobe or Canva are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or communications or relevant equivalent required
Location: Burlingame, CA (on-site position) salary is not guaranteed and will be determined based on experience
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Candidates applying for this role must have US residency at the time of application.
A Place for Everyone
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class.