How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally powered organization this role is accountable for building relationships with fundraising volunteers while implementing innovative peer to peer fundraising products to exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) mission, within a designated market area. Relentlessly pursuing cancer cures.
As a valued member of LLS, you are eligible for a comprehensive benefits package. Our offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance; life insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 403b retirement plan along with generous paid time off. In addition, we observe federal paid holidays throughout the year, and offer a wellness program and an employee assistance program.
While employees may be permitted to work remotely, travel to the assigned office, HUB or Satellite Offices may be required as determined by the employee’s manager and the employee’s Strategic Talent Partner.
- Partner with Education, Services and Health Research department to effectively communicate the LLS overall mission, programs, resources and priorities.
- Responsible for organizing mission centered, local donor cultivation events and prospecting high-impact donors for national stewardship activities
Fundraising & Relationship Building
- Drive high-impact peer to peer fundraising to achieve overall revenue goals.
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the peer to peer fundraising products, including revenue, budget, goals and timelines.
- Execute innovative strategic plan developed annually and revised periodically to ensure team exceeds all revenue goals.
- Collaborate with local relationship team and national shared service partners throughout LLS.
- Responsible for the recruitment and cultivation of high-level volunteer committees
- Responsible for recruiting fundraising volunteers who participate in peer to peer fundraising products resulting in revenue growth and achievement of goals.
- Identify and network with constituents and key donors to engage their support of LLS fundraising products.
- Develop recruitment plans and actively secure new partners through independent research, prospecting and volunteer relationship building.
Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3-5 years of sales and/or fundraising experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events.
- Travel within designated area.
- Required to work some evenings or weekends.
LLS is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in its workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, race, color, creed, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, religion, genetic predisposition or information, physical or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. LLS seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission and where they will join a cohort of others who have chosen to call LLS home. LLS complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination and harassment in the workplace, and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive environment supportive of all of our employees and the communities we serve.