Community Engagement Coordinator (Bilingual)
Who We Are
Intervene K-12 is a fast growth education company, positioning itself to become a leader in global education. We have been awarded state and federal opportunities to expand our impact which is driving exponential growth. We provide assessments, analytics, and online instruction to assist students struggling in math, reading, science, and English Language (EL/ ESL). Intervene K-12’s programs have served over 30,000 students and have made a significant impact on economically disadvantaged students.
What We Are Looking For
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator who is able to read, write, and speak English and Spanish proficiently to join our team. The Community Engagement Coordinator will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining strong connections between our organization and the diverse communities we serve to support our tutor recruitment efforts. This position requires excellent communication skills in multiple languages, a passion for community outreach, and the ability to plan and execute external engagement activities that support our strategic goals and lead to meaningful partnerships with organizations to support our rapidly growing expansion efforts.
What You Will Do
Recruitment and Coalition Building with Online Tutors:
- Develop impactful partnerships with staffing organizations and other diverse community groups to source high quality online instructors and teacher candidates
- Utilize various recruitment channels, including social media and networking to identify and develop a pipeline of diverse instructors
Community Outreach and Relationship Building:
- Act as a liaison between our organization and the community, fostering positive relationships
- Identify and engage with diverse communities, organizations, and stakeholders
- Conduct regular outreach meetings and attend community events to support our efforts
- Communicate effectively in English and Spanish languages, both in writing and verbally
- Translate materials and documents to ensure accessibility for non-English-speaking community members
- Support recruitment efforts to Spanish speaking communities, including social media and other outlets
Partnership Development and Implementation:
- Collaborate with team members to design and implement partnerships with community organizations
- Plan and execution of recruitment events, workshops, and outreach activities
- Evaluate the effectiveness of partnerships and ensure continuous improvement
- Build coalitions with a variety of stakeholders and organizations that reflect the diversity of the communities we serve to support our efforts to recruit diverse tutors
- Demonstrate cultural sensitivity and awareness when working with diverse communities
- Respect and celebrate cultural differences while promoting inclusivity
Data Collection and Reporting
- Gather data related to community engagement activities and their impact
- Prepare regular reports and presentations for management and stakeholders
- Use data to inform decision-making and program improvements
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., Social Work, Community Development, Communications).
- Fluency in Spanish and English, with strong written and verbal communication skills in each language.
- Highly skilled in a broad range of social media platforms
- Previous experience in community engagement, outreach, or a related role is preferred.
- Knowledge of the local community and its demographics is an asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a diverse range of individuals.
- Proven experience in recruitment, preferably in the education sector is a plus
- Strong knowledge of the education industry and tutoring services is a plus
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data management tools.
- A valid driver's license and reliable transportation is required
Timeline for Hire: Immediate
Role: On-Site (In person at office)
Location: Houston, TX (office located in Westchase area)
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com