The Development Manager, reporting to the Executive and Artistic Director, is committed to the growth and advancement of Spivey Hall through fundraising of annual gifts and sponsorships from individuals, foundations, corporations, and government sources. This position oversees all aspects of fundraising and special events to support an overall annual goal of $800,000+. This position designs and implements programs that help Spivey Hall achieve its contributed revenue goals by engaging current audiences and donors and by building the pathway from ticket holder to donor. This position offers an opportunity to grow with an internationally renowned organization and one of the finest music venues in the U.S.
- Responsible for fundraising and program support through the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- 35% Together with the Executive and Artistic Director, build and implement an annual development plan and identify/assign resources to ensure the timely and successful completion of key goals and milestones.
- Manage day-to-day development operations, including effective use of the Patron Manager database in carrying out gift administration and processing, donor recognition, budgeting, grant reporting, and record keeping.
- Oversee the creation and management of fundraising events.
- With the Marketing team, coordinate the development and production of collateral materials related to fundraising events, programs, and activities. Manage marketing and promotion for all fundraising initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for assigned fundraising events, programs, and activities and routinely review the status of each with the Director of Marketing & Development.
- Analyze the results and effectiveness of the development plan to develop a results-driven strategy.
- 25% Donor relations
- Build and maintain individual donor relationships, including attending Spivey Series performances. Cultivate and solicit new individual, corporate, and foundation supporters.
- Be a recognized and positive face in the surrounding community and the arts community of metro Atlanta.
- Build strategic partnerships with foundations and corporations reflecting the strong reputation of the organization.
- Steward individual, corporate, and foundation supporters at all levels of giving.
- 10% Research and analyze grant opportunities, writing and submitting compelling, high-quality grant proposals to appropriate funding sources.
- 20% Supervise and support Patron Services Manager and Box Office and Front of House staff.
- 10% Prepare and present reports on fundraising activities to senior management and Spivey Foundation leadership. Communicate and collaborate as appropriate with the CSU Advancement team on an ongoing and regular basis.
- Leadership: Belief in the mission of Spivey Hall and its role as an outstanding concert venue, an essential arm of Clayton State University performing arts, an innovator and supporter of transformative artistic experiences, and a center for education and community engagement in our region.
- Strong interpersonal skills and high energy which generate trust, enthusiasm, commitment, and a sense of community.
- Proven experience creating and reaching defined goals, while consistently monitoring performance.
- Ability to develop, track, and adhere to departmental budgets, allocating resources to the highest impact opportunities.
- Serve as an ambassador for the institution, comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences.
- Manage two direct reports
- Patron Services Manager and House Manager, and other contracted hourly consultants as needed