Kate’s Club is seeking a full-time Development Coordinator. The Development Coordinator will report directly to the Development and Marketing Manager. The Development Team is responsible for raising approximately $2,000,000 annually for Kate’s Club through individuals, corporations, foundations, public funding and special events. This full-time position will ensure the success of our donor database tools and help us optimize their use, assist in grant-writing and cultivating foundation relationships as well as bring vital expertise and a collaborative attitude to planning and executing 2+ key fundraising events throughout the year. Based in Atlanta, this position will also support our growing development efforts in Brunswick, Albany, Newnan, and additional areas around the state.
Brookhaven, GA (hybrid model of in office three days a week and two days of remote work)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duty: Data Management and Donor Correspondence
- Hold primary responsibility for gift entry and the management of the donor database, Salesforce
- Draft and send donor acknowledgements and correspondence
- Coordinate donor engagement and recognition activities
- Develop relationships with existing and prospective donors
Duty: Grant Writing and Foundation Relations
- Research opportunities for grant funding
- Draft grant proposals and reports for review by the Development and Marketing Manager (DMM) and the Director of Development and Marketing (DDM)
- Assist with the organization of grants, including record keeping and pipeline reporting
- Work with program team to gather and present impact data as needed for applications and reports
Duty: Special Event Assistance and Responsibilities
- Work with the DMM, DDM, and volunteer leadership to plan and execute Kate’s Club annual special events, including a large Gala dinner/auction, a community building and fundraising walk, and other various events.
- Support volunteer committees with meeting notes, task follow up, meeting scheduling, etc.
- Represent Kate’s Club at community events
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to two years of non-profit experience or equivalent work experience in a related field
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- An understanding of bereavement and a passion for the Kate’s Club mission
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and be resourceful in a hybrid work environment
- Ability to demonstrate presence, self-confidence, good judgment, and effectively listen to others
- High degree of accountability, responsibility, and professional integrity
- Aptitude for data management and technology systems, including proficiency with Microsoft Office 365, Google Suite, and donor management software (Salesforce a big plus)
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends
- Must pass a criminal background check
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license
Salary and Benefits
This position is full time. Salary range is $43,000 to $47,000 annually. Paid time off, health benefits, and professional development opportunities are provided.
How to Apply
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to courtney.krygiel@katesclub[dot]org.