Free Bikes 4 Kidz Atlanta is a nonprofit organization helping all kids ride into a happier, healthier childhood by providing bikes to those most in need. We collect gently used bikes throughout the year in the metro Atlanta area. We organize hundreds of volunteers to clean and refurbish the bikes, and then we give them away to kids in need who are served by partner organizations in Atlanta. Founded in 2016, we are one of 22 independent affiliates of FB4K.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for FB4KATL's staff, volunteer and community programs, expansion, and execution of its mission. She or he will develop deep knowledge of core programs, operations, funding sources, finances, and business plans.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, rigorous program evaluation, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve the strategic goals.
- Manage staff and guide working teams.
- Actively engage and energize FB4KATL volunteers, board members, partnering organizations, and funders.
- Develop, coach, maintain, and support a strong Board of Directors; serve as ex-officio of each committee; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction for both ongoing local operations as well as liaison with other affiliates.
- Maintain and establish best practices for governance.
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate program components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local revenue generating and fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Meet annual fundraising goals, in partnership with the board, by securing financial support from foundations, corporations, individuals and other funding sources.
- Expand and maintain relationships with the biking community in Atlanta.
- Establish relationships with foundations, and larger corporate funding opportunities.
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand.
- Serve as the face of the organization and use external presence and relationships to garner new opportunities.
Planning & New Business:
- Establish a long-range model for year-round warehousing of bikes and other assets.
- Build partnerships and establish relationships with funders, and political and community leaders within greater Atlanta.
Operations & Finance:
- Develop and maintain annual operating budget; ensure the organization is operating within budget guidelines.
- Develop and maintain sound financial practices. Be responsible for financial and accounting matters, including accounting of all revenue and expenses and review of monthly and annual financial reports.
- Ensure maintenance of official records and documents, and compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensure that sound human resource practices are in place and handle all human resources matters.
The ED will be thoroughly committed to FB4KATL’s mission. All candidates should have proven leadership, coaching, and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Excellence in organizational management and developing and managing a budget; ability to coach staff, manage, and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially for grant writing and grant management
- Strong project management skills and methods
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Familiarity with Salesforce (or other CRM), Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Slack