House of Cherith’s Development Manager is responsible for providing the organization with strong, creative, energetic, strategic leadership on all fundraising initiatives and set new, ambitious, but attainable goals in order to increase annual operating funds through individual donors, corporations, foundations, churches, events, marketing, government funding, and more.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis in business, marketing, communications, public relations or a related field
- Kindful experience preferred
- Knowledge of Atlanta’s philanthropic community
- 3+ years experience in fundraising, nonprofit development, sales, or related field
- Awareness of human trafficking preferred
- Participate in ongoing education and training opportunities
- Supports the organization’s guiding principles
- Communications - Verbal
- Communications - Written
- Donor Cultivation
- Organizational Skills
- Strategic Development
- Time Management
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fundraising is executed in keeping with the organization's values, vision, and mission.
- Establish performance measures, monitor results, and evaluate the efficacy of fundraising.
- Use strong critical thinking skills to monitor strategies and processes and adjust accordingly to build sustainable growth.
- Ensure donor and financial records are maintained in accordance with fundraising standards.
- Increase the visibility of the organization’s activities, maintain good public relations and ensure design and development of marketing activities.
- Oversee growth, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization’s development database; manage fundraising and direct mail systems.
- Maintains up-to-date records on both prospects and donors in Salesforce
- Implements strategies for identifying potential prospects and growing donor base
- Establish a balanced mix of donor sources and fundraising programs to attract and retain donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts and pledges from an active portfolio of major investors; maintain and manage a portfolio at all times that requires a systematic approach of personal visits and outreach.
- Uses moves management philosophy to cultivate prospects and current donors by mail, telephone, and personal meetings
- Effectively respond to individual donors' inquiries through written correspondence, telephone contact, personal contact and e-mail, assuring the donor that their needs are processed immediately upon request
- Executes plans to provide exceptional donor recognition and stewardship
- Ensure all acknowledgment letters are completed within 48 hours of receipt of gift
- Write thank you notes for all donations $500-$4,999
- Send packets to all new donors
- Send welcome kits to new monthly donors
- Write and mail birthday cards for all donors
- Assist with corporate service days as needed
- Other projects as assigned
- Maintains close association with and expert knowledge of House of Cherith
- Maintains close association with and expert knowledge of City of Refuge
- Engage with staff and residents to stay up to date on program wins, needs, challenges, etc.
- Maintain professional relationships with staff and residents.
- Participates in educational programs, professional organizations, and development activities to maintain knowledge of national trends and promote leading-edge performance
- Represents House of Cherith appropriately at miscellaneous events, networking and nurturing new and existing relationships
- Build the skills, knowledge, and abilities of the development team in areas including annual giving, major gifts, events, donor relations, community partnerships, grants, communications and stewardship