Chief Executive Officer
Downtown Streets Team
San Jose, California
Annual Salary: $200,000 – $220,000 DOE/DOQ
Support the vision of ending homelessness through the power of community and dignity of work!
Downtown Streets Team (DST) is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO). DST is a 501(c)3 organization located in 20 communities throughout Northern and Central California. This CEO will lead the organization into an exciting new chapter of growth, while achieving their mission to help those struggling with homelessness and assisting them in charting their own path to self-sufficiency. The CEO will oversee a staff of approximately 180, including six direct reports, and a budget of approximately $17 million. We are seeking an innovative CEO to provide organizational stability and expansion into other communities. The next CEO will be a strategic individual with an engaging leadership style, business savviness, compassion, and a high level of emotional intelligence. If you are eager to embody the ‘DST Way’ — loving, passionate, scrappy, affable, and hardworking — and are committed to ending homelessness and seeing people fulfill their potential, apply today!
See the full recruitment brochure here: https://indd.adobe.com/view/152054f9-dc4a-469c-acd2-dc432c0b8d14
DST is run by a CEO and governed by a Board of Directors of dedicated individuals from across the greater Bay Area. The Chief Executive Officer will ensure our organization fulfills its full potential to reduce homelessness through the dignity of work and the power of community. The CEO will oversee an approximate $17M budget, 180 staff across 20 locations and two main programs:
• Streets Team Volunteer Program (STVP)
• Streets Team Enterprise Program (STE)
DST is looking to structure our growth in a meaningful and professional way. The CEO is the face of the organization and ensures the best interests of the organization are represented. They work with the board of directors to create long-term strategies and ensure DST complies with federal, state, and local laws. The CEO, working with the Director of Development, has a key role in fundraising initiatives and collaborates with partners.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
This seasoned professional will ensure the financially healthy future of our organization while leading improvements to our business model through diplomatic but tenacious leadership. They will be an enthusiastic and personable leader who will have a proven track record leading and managing others and resources. They will oversee employee relations, community engagement, fund development, finance, human and organizational development, and organizational policy and culture. With a mindset on developing a purposeful culture, they will demonstrate flexibility, empathy, grace, and openness to creative ways to accomplish our mission and goals.
Education, experience, and training that will provide the knowledge and abilities listed herein. This will likely include:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, social work, or a related field.
• Ideally, 10 years of experience at a senior-management level with responsibility for budgeting and financial management, planning and program implementation, management information systems, personnel management and law, fundraising, and other key management tasks.
• Holder of a valid driver’s license in good standing and access to a reliable automobile with the legally required minimum insurance coverage. Ability to drive safely between external locations and the program office, as required.
• Master’s degree in business, public administration, social work, or a related field.
• Demonstrated depth of experience in managing services/programs designed for the unhoused, formerly incarcerated, and disenfranchised people.
• Familiarity with DST’s funders and agencies, local elected officials, other local non-profits.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual Salary: $200,000 – $220,000 DOE/DOQ and an attractive benefits package
HOW TO APPLY: For first consideration, APPLY by October 5th at: https://wbcpinc.com/job-board
SAVE THE DATES:
• Interviews will be held virtually on October 30th and in-person on November 9th. Candidates invited to interview will need to be available for both days.
Please contact your recruiter, Wendi Brown, with any questions:
• 541-664-0376 (Direct)
• 866-929-9227 (Toll-Free)
DST values a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. The organization strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ+ folks, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. DST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.