REPORTS TO: Vice President of Programs
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, South Arts is a nonprofit regional arts organization empowering artists, organizations, and communities, and increasing access to arts and culture.
In partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the State Arts Agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee — with additional funding from other public and private donors such as the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, the Ford Foundation, and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation — South Arts supports artists and organizations through a rich and responsive portfolio of grants, fellowships, and programs.
We offer a generous benefits plan consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403(b) Investment Plan, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Holidays and Incentive Bonuses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
● Responsible for implementation of national and regional grants program related to equity in the arts.
● Manage the work of up to 6 committees through the close of the program or Fall of 2026, whichever is later.
● Works closely and cooperatively with the five partner US Regional Arts Organizations, national and regional partners to collectively carry out, assess, refine, evaluate, and report on the programs.
● Strong project management skills and an ability to build and maintain trust with the partners and program participants.
● Constructs a durable yet flexible infrastructure for the programs by attending to and advancing the work of multiple committees including design and implementation; communications and marketing; technical assistance/capacity building; technology; assessment and evaluation; and accessibility.
● Directs grant funds management in close coordination with South Arts Finance and Operations Department.
● Manges the grants administration cycle in partnership with the program’s partners – application, adjudication, grant award, grant contracts, payments, reporting, etc.
● Serves as the primary contact for the South Arts region to include directing regional activities and providing internal and external customer service related to all aspects of the program.
● Initiates RFP’s and develop agreements with consultants and contractors to carry out the program’s activities.
● Maintains and updates databases used by the programs.
● Provides information as needed to internal and external stakeholders – Advancement, Finance and Operations, US Regional Arts Organizations, the program funders, etc.
● Ensures timely completion of program tracking, correspondence, or follow-up for the programs.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
● 7+ years experience in project management and project implementation.
● 7+ years experience in arts administration/management, nonprofit administration, public administration, or business administration.
● Grants and management systems experience such as Go Smart, Salesforce, and E-grant.
● Experience managing federal grants, including federal funds compliance.
● Private foundation grants administration.
● Ability to establish working partnerships or collaborations with a multitude of external partners.
● Allyship for racial equity, diversity, inclusion, and accessibility in the nonprofit arts and cultural sector.
● Design, implement and manage a competitive grants administration process
● Personal and intrinsic motivation to work independently as well as part of a team.
● Manager of self and time, directing multiple tasks and timelines simultaneously to meet objectives and deadlines.
● Excellent judgment, self-control, professional maturity, discretion and attention to detail.
● Ability to organize and facilitate meetings from beginning to end while considering participants ideas.
● Delegate and assist with managing tasks of other team members.
● SharePoint and Microsoft Teams experience with file and data sharing collaboration.
● Remote meeting software experience such as Zoom, Teams, Google and the use of related presentations tools.
● Computer skills related to the software applications: Smartsheet and Asana for Project Management, Google and Microsoft 365 package.
● Posses the ability to influence and engage a wide range of constituents simultaneously, across local, state, regional, and national locations.
● Critical and strategic thinker in a variety of situations and circumstances .
● Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Specialized in any of the following:
- Arts Administration, fine arts, liberal arts, arts management/administration, public administration, nonprofit administration, communications, or public relations.
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter and resume.
South Arts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. South Arts is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.