To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
We are open to considering candidates seeking either part-time or full-time employment, with a minimum of 20 hours/four days a week.
Kidz2Leaders is a faith-based nonprofit working to end generational incarceration by providing stability, opportunity, and a Christian community for children of the incarcerated.
The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing Kidz2Leaders' brand, messaging, and platforms, leveraging print and digital communications channels to best reach K2L’s four audiences: current program participants, prospective participants, donors, and volunteer partners.
- Meet with the program & development team quarterly to understand communications needs.
- Create a quarterly communications plan and calendar, determining what content will be share on which platforms.
- Oversee and maintain K2L’s web properties and technology subscriptions to best support the needs of the team (such as smugmug, leadpages, zappier, vimeo, airtable, etc.)
- Develop an understanding of K2L’s different audiences and unique communication styles and needs. Create a plan for desired interview, photo, or video content to be captured through the year.
Branding & Design
- Understand and give direction to the team regarding the K2L style guide to ensure clear and consistent branding.
- Create branding for new events and programs as needed.
- Create slides, promotional pieces, and social media posts to reflect event-specific branding. Have proficiency using Canva to create and manage branded materials.
- Create a monthly digital newsletter for supporters using Constant Contact.
- With the program team, create and mail ongoing print communications to participants.
- Post updates to Instagram and Facebook weekly.
- Utilize Airtable and EZ text to send updates to program participants and volunteers.
- With the development manager, create and mail two annual donor/volunteer campaigns.
- Update development print resources as needed (booklet, folder, one pager, presentation).
- Assist with fundraising events, such as the Rally4theKids and the annual golf tournament.
- Create a development and content posting plan for November, leading up to National Giving Day (Giving Tuesday / Georgia Gives Day), utilizing the Georgia Gives website as well as Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
- Act as a Liaison with local news & publications, facilitating magazine, radio, and tv features for key events and programs.
- Oversee and update media folders, with updated b-roll and images, and promotional videos.
- Update Kidz2Leaders.org regularly with program and events updates.
- Create and maintain Leadpages landing pages specific to camper and volunteer recruitment for seasonal programs.
- Oversee analytics and tracking for web properties, creating reports as needed.
- With a Meta Advertising Partner, create and run Facebook and Instagram ads for participant recruitment.
- Create all branded deliverables for Camp Hope in advance of camp.
- Attend one or both weeks of Camp Hope to manage communications and media, hosting news outlets and overseeing volunteer photographers and videographers.
- Send daily Constant Contact email updates to the campers’ families.
- Update Smugmug albums daily with photos and share with campers’ families.
- Post daily to Instagram and Facebook from camp.
- Alignment with the K2L Statement of Faith.
- Exceptional writing and editing capabilities.
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think strategically about new and alternative ideas.
- Ability to clearly communicate mission, vision, and programming with a diverse community of donors and supporters.
- Experience using online platforms and technology to engage donors (social media, crowdfunding, e-marketing).
- Ability to thrive on a small and highly collaborative staff team.
- Precision and attention to detail.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least two to three years of experience in the fields of marketing or communications.
To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at email@example.com. Please include job title and your name in the subject line.