Do you love teaching? LaAmistad is looking for applicants that live our core values and are interested in providing educational support and services to the Latino community. LaAmistad is seeking passionate, responsible team members to support afterschool program locations for our organization. After School teachers are primarily responsible for instructing students in an after-school classroom setting with volunteer tutors.
LaAmistad Core Values
Kindness: “The ability to speak with love, listen with patience and act with compassion.”
Excellence: "Every touch, every time, no exceptions"
Passion: "You can't fake passion."
Team Work: "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
Perseverance: “Grit, the raw endurance, hard work and passion that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
- Support student academic performance through literacy, math skills, and social/emotional development.
- Work with the Academic Director to develop individualized learning strategies and plan differentiated educational activities based on the needs and interests of the students.
- Evaluate learning objectives for each student based on assessment results and school data and adjust if necessary.
- Collaborate with teachers to obtain student data reports needed to assure student progress. (Report cards, Reading Level, IEP information, ESOL status, etc.)
- Administer student assessments and own data reporting fidelity.
- Monitor student progress and provide regular feedback to parents, schools, LaAmistad Afterschool and Academic Director.
- Responsible for training, cultivating, and supporting volunteer tutors.
- Share program updates via weekly newsletter with volunteers, host church representative, and school staff/representatives.
- Strong collaboration with the Parent Liaison in supporting students, parents, and location duties.
- Ensure safety and security of children enrolled through host site emergency procedures.
- Hold parent conferences.
- Attend mandatory meetings/training as scheduled throughout the year.
- Seek and give feedback on how the organization can better serve students.
- Manage other program staff (interns, program assistants, volunteers, etc.)
- Assist in identifying, attracting and retaining students through enthusiasm for and promotion of LaAmistad Afterschool.
- B.S. degree in early childhood education or related field required with state certifications
- Minimum of one year working with school-age youth, ages 5-11
- First Aid/CPR training
- Good communication, planning, and organizational skills
- Confidence to run a classroom alone
- Ability to build relationships with volunteers, families, and staff from diverse backgrounds to create a dynamic environment for students to learn and thrive
Desired Skills and Attributes
- **Retired Educators K-12**
- Fluent in Spanish preferred but not required
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT)
- Able to cultivate and build community relationships and partnerships
- A heart for service and community
**This position is temporary, part-time, and is for one school year.**
Trinity Anglican Church: 2260 Defoor Hills Rd NW, Atlanta, 30318 (M-TH 2:45-5:15 PM)
The Cathedral of St Phillip: 2744 Peachtree Rd NW, Atlanta, 30305 (M-TH 2:45-5:15 PM)
Metro City Church: 999 Briarcliff Rd NE, Atlanta, 30306 (T/TH 2:30-5 PM)
Shallowford Presbyterian Church: 2375 Shallowford Rd NE, Atlanta, 30345 (M-TH 2:15-5 PM)
Sponsorship is not available for this position.