Woodruff Arts Center employees play an integral role in creating and supporting great art and education initiatives at the nation’s third largest arts center. Comprised of three Art Partners—Alliance Theatre, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra and High Museum of Art—there’s a role for everyone at The Woodruff.
Senior Director of Development
United States of America (Exempt)
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra’s high performing, fast paced development team seeks an organized, customer service oriented individual to fill the role of Major Gifts Associate. This position will provide a high level of support to the Senior Director of Development and major gifts team.
- Provides direct support to the Senior Director of Development and major gifts team to manage individual, corporate and foundation donor solicitation and stewardship processes including tracking of moves management and prospect master lists
- Prepare notes, research, and briefing documents as needed. Follow up to ensure donor meetings and calls are being scheduled. Schedule fundraising and stewardship calls as necessary.
- Provide administrative leadership and coordination of all materials and activities of the ASO’s 80-member Advisory Council
- Work collaboratively in support of special events including the ASO Gala, Advisory Council events, and other special donor engagements
- Address day to day donor needs and questions. Work with development staff in providing exceptional service to donors
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of two years of related experience.
- Experience working with donors and donations highly preferred
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; ability to cultivate positive relationships and communicate effectively
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Project management and planning skills with ability to multi-task
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment; is willing to assist others
- Ability to craft formal communications for both mail and email purposes;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Highly developed organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and overlapping deadlines;
- Skilled at communicating with both internal and external partners with clarity and an eye always to exceptional customer service;
- Ability to manage sensitive information with care and diplomacy;
- Demonstrated, above-average proficiency in computer software programs, with emphasis on the Microsoft Office products, PowerPoint, and database systems. Familiarity with Tessitura and MailChimp a plus.
- Interested in the major gifts development process and has an appreciation for philanthropy
- Ability to work evenings and weekends upon request
- The physical requirements of this position are related to a standard office environment.
- Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen, and other office equipment.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to hear, talk and primarily sit; occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
The duties listed in the job description above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. These listed duties are not intended to describe in detail all the tasks that may be assigned but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations. Omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position
COVID Vaccination Information
Effective as of October 1, 2021, The Woodruff Arts Center requires that all employees be vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to accommodation. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid documented religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. This paragraph informs you of the company's expectations before you begin work at The Woodruff Arts Center and you should not reveal information about your COVID-19 vaccination status prior to receiving an offer of employment.