L’Arche USA (www.larcheusa.org) is a national membership organization within L’Arche International, a federation of inter-religious and inter-denominational communities where people with and without intellectual disabilities share life. At the heart of L’Arche communities are relationships of mutual respect and friendship in which the value of each person is celebrated and difference is welcomed.
Role Summary: Connecting with people is a source of joy and energy for the Manager of Donor Relations (MDR), who nurtures warm relationships between financial partners and L’Arche USA. The most important tools for this role are: gratitude, an attitude of abundance, integrity, and a personal commitment to the full inclusion of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in our society. With deep care for our donors, the MDR raises funds that undergird the unifying work of L’Arche. Balancing storytelling and active listening, the MDR helps a portfolio of financial partners understand and articulate for themselves their role in the growth of L’Arche. Highly collaborative in a virtual environment, the MDR helps other members of the Development and Communications team translate learnings from conversations with partners into donor-centric messaging and outreach. With appreciation for the power of data to understand where L’Arche has been and strategize how we might grow, the MDR takes responsibility for keeping thorough records in our CRM. An understanding of how Salesforce, Mailchimp and other tools can be leveraged to maximize the donor relationship are a plus. The MDR takes advantage of the rich opportunities available for professional and personal growth through trainings, mentorship, and relationship with dynamic coworkers who share a passion for inviting in a kinder, more welcoming world.
- Manage and grow a portfolio of prospects and donors through a system of personal interactions (email, phone, video chat, and occasionally in-person) for stewardship, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Identify and maximize opportunities for current partners to invite their networks into the work of L’Arche USA.
- Create and implement a clear segmentation strategy for identifying, prioritizing, and communicating with prospects, active and lapsed donors.
- Collaborate with teammates in digital marketing to identify audiences and share the L’Arche story of impact with donors and prospects, discovering their philanthropic motivations and finding ways to connect with those interests.
- Develop a planned giving program in line with L’Arche USA’s plans for reserves and an endowment, and ensure communication of the program and appropriate stewardship of prospects.
- Contribute to organizing mailed and online campaigns.
- Seize opportunities to collaborate with other L’Arche USA team members as well as local L’Arche communities to develop additional stewardship and engagement strategies.
- With guidance from the Gift Processor and Database Coordinator, implement effective moves management in the database.
Candidate Profile: This person has the necessary love of L’Arche’s mission, natural networking skills, and technical know-how to grow annual giving. The ideal candidate is warm, highly relational, and communicates comfortably and clearly verbally and in writing by phone, video chat, and email. With close attention to detail, the candidate enjoys cooperative relationships with colleagues and has established expertise in donor engagement for annual partners. Experience with data systems is a plus. This person must have a very high level of independence and discipline in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position on a virtual team.
Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Matt Hackworth, Director of Communications and Development, at email@example.com.
A generous benefits package compliments a salary of $68,000-72,000 depending on experience.
L’Arche is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against a job applicant or an employee because of the person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. L’Arche does not discriminate against a person because the person complained about discrimination, filed a charge of discrimination, or participated in an employment discrimination investigation or lawsuit.