Global Growers Network (GGN) is a nonprofit based in Decatur, GA that partners with people from diverse cultures to grow fresh food for their families and for local marketplaces. We work with more than 300 growers representing over 20 cultures and languages. We operate a network of community gardens in Decatur and Clarkston, a market farm located at the Indian Creek MARTA station in Stone Mountain, and a 23-acre organic co-farm in Conyers.
Position Summary and Candidate Vision
The Development Manager is responsible for implementing fundraising strategies, managing donor relations, administering grants, and supporting event planning efforts. This position reports to the Director of Operations. We seek a candidate with nonprofit development experience, a skilled communicator who is detail oriented, comfortable implementing strategy, and able to self-direct and prioritize their work.
- Support management of existing donor portfolio, fostering strong relationships and engaging donors in ongoing initiatives and funding needs
- Implement and enhance donor stewardship programs, ensuring frequent, meaningful communication and appropriate recognition
- Maintain a robust donor tracking system, analyzing trends and forecasting future giving
- Execute strategies to identify donor prospects and solicit gifts
- Administer donor database (Salesforce), ensuring that data is current and accurate
- Collaborate with internal teams to understand funding needs and to gather data required for grant proposals and reports
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to private foundations and funders
- Maintain grant tracker and schedule of application and reporting deadlines
- Support completion of federal grant applications
- Assist with fiscal and programmatic grant reporting
Events and Community Engagement
- Support planning and execution of community engagement strategies, including seasonal farm & garden tours and fundraising events
- Facilitate partnerships with local businesses, groups, and individuals to sponsor or participate in events
- Serve as primary volunteer point of contact
- Coordinate planning of volunteer days with program staff
- Conduct tabling at community events
- Assist in preparing and sending public-facing communications
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations and other leadership to develop annual fundraising plans and set strategic fundraising goals
- Manage the development department's budget
- Prepare reports of fundraising activities and results for the board and leadership team
- Other duties as requested
- 3+ years relevant experience in nonprofit fundraising/development (may be work, volunteer, academic, or other life experience)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience
- Comfortable with technology and familiar with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce or other CRM preferred
- Familiarity with fundraising strategies and nonprofit donor relations is a plus
- Experience working in multilingual and multicultural environments is a plus
Location and Schedule
This is an exempt position requiring a minimum of forty hours per week, with standard working hours, Monday - Friday, along with occasional pre-scheduled evening and weekend work. This position will primarily work from our office at Legacy Park in Decatur, with occasional visits to our farm office in Conyers. Remote/virtual work is possible outside of in-office responsibilities.
Compensation and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 annually, commensurate with experience. Benefits include: Healthcare Reimbursement Account ($370/month), cell phone stipend ($25/month), SIMPLE IRA retirement account (3% match), paid time off (starts at 14 days/year) and paid holidays (6 public holidays; 2 floating holidays; 2 week bonus time at year-end), and professional development budget ($1,000/year).
How to Apply
Apply at this link: bit.ly/ggn-hiring. Please include your resume and cover letter in PDF format. The cover letter should explain why you are interested in the position, and address the following:
- Why are you looking for a new position?
- Why do you feel connected to the work and mission of Global Growers Network?
- How will you use your past work, volunteer, academic, and/or other life experiences to meet the specific responsibilities of this position?
GGN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We strongly encourage people of color, immigrants, and first generation Americans to apply.