To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at applications@kidz2leaders[dot]org. Please include “Development Manager” and your name in the subject line.
Summary: Kidz2Leaders (K2L) is a nonprofit organization that exists to break the cycle of incarceration by providing stability, opportunity, and a Christian community for children of inmates and their families. We help them rise above their circumstances, teach them to become leaders, and provide a life of hope through Christian programming in a safe, loving environment.
The Development Manager will work to support the fundraising and communications initiatives of Kidz2Leaders, with a significant focus on foundation relations and grant writing.
- Maintain positive, ongoing relationships with current and prospective grant funders.
- Manage a detailed grants calendar with contacts, deadlines, & reporting requirements.
- Complete grant applications in a timely manner according to grants calendar.
- Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop new grant partnerships.
- Plan and execute K2L's annual fundraising events, including a golf tournament, community party, motorcycle rally, and Giving Tuesday.
- Ensure all donors are acknowledged in a timely, meaningful way.
- Communicate regularly with members of our giving society.
- Work with Communications Manager on regular donor appeals.
Planning & Administration
- Maintain a detailed budget for all development activities.
- Communicate with program team to gather data as needed for fundraising proposals.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet department, program, and agency needs.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong alignment with K2L Statement of Faith/Guiding Principles and a demonstrated commitment to a personal relationship with Christ.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Three to five years of professional work experience, with a proven track record of successful fundraising efforts
- A commitment to helping Kidz2Leaders increase revenue annually to support our ever-growing programs
- Exceptional writing and editing capabilities
- Precision and attention to detail (maintaining spreadsheets, deadlines, reporting requirements)
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think strategically about new and alternative revenue streams
- Ability to engage in meaningful conversation about mission, vision, and programming with a diverse community of donors and supporters
- Experience using online platforms and technology to engage donors (social media, crowdfunding, e-marketing)
- Understanding of basic financial statements (revenue and expense reports, cash flow statements, budgets)
- Ability to thrive on a small and highly collaborative staff team
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, and sit. Required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
To apply, please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to Christina Cummings, Executive Director, at applications@kidz2leaders[dot]org. Please include “Development Manager” and your name in the subject line. Hourly rate based on experience.