Catholics For Choice (CFC) is seeking an enthusiastic, reliable, self-starting professional that is organized and excited to support our organization as an Operations and Human Resources (HR) Associate on CFC’s Operations & Finance Team. The Operations & Finance Team works to enable organizational and operational effectiveness by partnering with CFC staff across the enterprise to provide the infrastructure necessary to enable our work.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Operations and HR Associate will play a vital role in the organization’s operation. Essential functions of this role include scheduling, supporting our leadership team, interfacing with partners and vendors, financial reporting, liaising with our outsourced finance department, supporting meetings and gatherings, and helping to develop an employee experience program. This is an exciting time to join CFC’s Operations and Finance Team. We are exploring new ways to do our work, which means exploring new systems and infrastructure to support it. The Operations Associate and HR Associate will play an important role during this period of expansion and evolution.
- Serve as a liaison between CFC and our outsourced finance team. Support logistics for CFC’s internal events, including staff retreats, board meetings, and other convenings. Assist in the planning and implementation of new processes, systems, and other tools to enhance organizational effectiveness. Manage our data and information systems to be accurate, efficient, easy to access, and meet current security standards.
- Manage CFC’s contracting process with vendors and partners. Manage expense reimbursement and credit card reporting, ensuring staff submit reports on time and provide accurate coding of all financial transactions. Support grant reporting and other processes as needed.
- In collaboration with our external HR vendor, performs routine but necessary tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs, including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development. Support the development and implementation of a comprehensive employee experience program. Work with HR and management teams to ensure all employees receive the necessary training and support to perform their roles effectively. Create and update onboarding materials, including training manuals, handbooks, and other resources.
Leadership Team Support
- Manage the calendar, activity, and speaking requests for the President when her primary scheduler is unavailable. Provide other day-to-day support to the Director of Operations and Chief of Staff.
- Commitment to social and reproductive health, rights, and justice and passion for CFC’s core philosophy of the right to make unimpeded decisions about abortion and reproductive healthcare. An undergraduate degree in a relevant field is required. 1-3+ years of experience in consulting, operations, or related experience is preferred 4 years of work experience may substitute for education requirements. You have experience managing and driving projects forward independently. You’re process-driven, extremely detail-oriented, and highly organized. You’re highly adaptable. You can quickly change direction to execute different functions and responsibilities with ease. You are highly data driven. Can drive complex analyses and translate them into key actionable insights and projects. You are a collaborator. Proactively partners across teams while holding teams accountable for business results. You are a systems thinker. Inclined to solve problems with product and automation.
CFC has adopted a hybrid work schedule, with team members working from our office near the U Street Metro Stop, at 14th and U Streets NW.
The salary range for this position is between $58,000 to $65,000.
CFC’s generous employee benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision insurance; life and long-term disability insurance for CFC employees; 403(b) Plan with employer contribution after one year; Paid family and medical leave of up to 12 weeks; Paid parental leave up to 16 weeks; 20 days paid leave per calendar year; 5 wellness days per calendar year 12 paid holidays per calendar year; Up to 5 days of paid time off during the last week of the calendar year; Currently operating on a half-day schedule on Fridays
Qualified and interested parties should submit resume and cover letter to our posting on SmartRecruiters. Catholics for Choice is an Equal Opportunity Employer.