HOPE Animal Assisted Crisis Response (AACR)
“The main reason I participate in HOPE is to facilitate the delivery of the magic that is the healing power of interaction with dogs to people in crisis”
Why Join HOPE AACR?
Our mission is to provide comfort and encouragement through animal-assisted support to individuals affected by crisis and disasters.
AACR is a unique Animal-Assisted Intervention. Experienced canine therapy teams with specialized crisis response training are called to respond to intense emotional and environmental situations. Past deployments include Surfside building collapse, the Highland Park, IL mass shooting, Kings Soopers Boulder mass shooting, several school shootings, California wildfires and the Kentucky tornados. HOPE teams have been serving people affected by disasters and traumatic events, free of charge, since 2001. HOPE is proud of the great work our teams do!
Come Join the HOPE Team!!
HOPE is seeking a Business Development Manager/Firm
The Business Development Manager/Firm (“BDM”) will be the face of HOPE and responsible for collaborating with the HOPE Board of Directors, Regional Managers, corporations, and community leaders to increase fundraising efforts.
The HOPE BDM will be accountable for new revenue generation across the US and Canada, securing cause sponsorships, assisting in future leadership strategy, and ensuring the fundraising goals and objectives are reached. It is also critical that the BDM has the drive to exceed fundraising goals and the ability to build new relationships to drive impact. This position will report directly to the Executive Committee.
The BDM’s responsibilities include:
- Actively lead and develop strategies to build a new portfolio.
- Develop, maintain and enhance relationships with corporate and foundation funders. Identify and respond to opportunities for support from corporations and foundations, seeking alignment between donor interests and HOPE AACR needs.
- Build 25-30 corporations with a goal of securing a minimum of $100,000 in Year 1, and $500,000 annually thereafter.
- Prospect identification, cultivation and solicitation, proposal development, and coordination of internal support activities.
- Responsible for creating, updating and maintaining HOPE marketing and fundraising content for all social media platforms using various media options and collaborate with HOPE IT resources to publish all created content.
- Work closely with HOPE AACR Board of Directors and Regional Managers to collaborate effectively with external funders and ensure proposals and agreements are in alignment with HOPE’s mission and policies.
- Monitor, evaluate and report income performance through analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Other duties and special assignments as assigned.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar voluntary non-profit agency or university, or for-profit sales organization in development positions with progressive growth.
- Proven track record of soliciting donations in development/fundraising for a non-profit, or in sales and relationship development.
- Must be willing to work remotely with minimal direction to achieve goals.
- Must have own computer, printer and other office supplies as needed.
- Must carry personal insurance.
Preferred skills include:
- Demonstrated effectiveness in corporate and/or foundation prospect identification, relationship building, and solicitation or demonstrated experience, skills and proficiency in sales or marketing.
- Developed marketing campaigns to enhance the fundraising programs. Utilizes effective public relations communication strategies.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with exceptional attention to detail and the ability to articulate a compelling case for philanthropic support programs, including presentations to large and small groups.
- Professionalism, resourcefulness, flexibility, a learning and optimistic approach, trustworthiness, and the ability to prioritize we over me.
- Ensure that all new business development contact lists, actions, proposals, and activities are promptly recorded in the fundraising software database.
- Ability to perform basic business/accounting functions - e.g., manage projects and reconcile budgets.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, valid driver’s license.
- Must be a strong advocate of HOPE AACR’s mission.