ABOUT ONE HUNDRED MILES
Founded in 2013, One Hundred Miles (OHM) is dedicated to protecting and preserving Georgia's 100-mile coast through advocacy, education, and civic engagement. Georgia's coast is an unparalleled natural environment and home to some of the most diverse ecosystems on the planet. However, our coast faces complex challenges including climate change, overdevelopment, environmental injustice, and critically threatened wildlife. With our advocacy network of more than 20,000 friends and partners, OHM is the only organization dedicated to combatting the multiple threats to the entire 100-mile coast and promoting the importance of its robust wildlife, vast landscapes, and vibrant communities. OHM is a trusted resource and conservation leader across our coast, state, and country.
ABOUT THE POSITION
One Hundred Miles (OHM) is seeking an enthusiastic and highly skilled individual to join our team as the Development Events Manager who will provide leadership in managing OHM’s special events that grow revenue and develop our audiences. Bringing creativity, organizational skills, and vision, the Development Events Manager will organize and manage a new fundraising event to be hosted in coastal Georgia. This position will coordinate and manage OHM’s Salt Marsh Table dinner series and other fundraising events as well. The Development Events Manager’s responsibilities will include organizing and managing all aspects of the events, including developing project plans and achieving revenue goals.
The Development Events Manager will also coordinate and manage cultivation and stewardship events in markets across coastal Georgia and the state. These events (e.g., birding, kayaking, open houses, coffees, cocktail parties, dinners, etc.) will contribute to increasing overall support of the organization by connecting current and prospective supporters with our work and promoting OHM’s membership, advocacy, and education opportunities.
Additionally, the Development Events Manager will develop partnerships and support from businesses across coastal Georgia. This includes securing sponsorships for OHM events and programs, developing retail partnerships, and securing in-kind support.
The Development Events Manager will serve on the Development team and work closely with the VP of Philanthropy and Development Coordinator. This full-time position is based along Georgia’s coast, with the flexibility to work out of OHM’s Brunswick or Savannah office. This position requires frequent travel for fundraising events and work-related activities. The ideal candidate must appreciate the uniqueness of Georgia's coastal environment, communities, and cultures.
- Develop and manage all aspects of a new fundraising event that generates new funding and growth, amplifies OHM branding, and taps into new audiences.
- Plan and manage the Salt Marsh Table dinner series.
- Plan and manage monthly events that steward and cultivate relationships for various OHM audiences: major donors, members, and new donor prospects.
- Help create and organize a signature cultivation event for OHM’s Spartina Society.
- Organize and manage all logistics for events, including project plans.
- Work directly with third-party contractors/vendors (venue, caterer, printer, etc.)
- Develop marketing and communications for events (invitations, social media, letters, email, website).
- Maintain a calendar of all event activities and deadlines.
- Recruit and manage volunteers to support events and to serve as event hosts or on committees.
- Create and manage revenue/expense budgets for special events.
- Conduct networking and outreach in support of special events.
- Generate timely and accurate reports, including regular donor reports that track trends and growth in connection with development goals.
- Achieve revenue goals for events.
- Secure sponsorship for OHM signature events and programs.
- Grow business support via in-kind, % sales, members nights, and similar initiatives.
- Participate in Development meetings and strategy.
- Participate in OHM staff meetings and strategy.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three years of event, development, nonprofit, or related experience
- Knowledge of fundraising and special event processes
- “Can-do” attitude
- Exceptional organizational abilities and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management
- Experience with database systems (Salesforce considered a plus)
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Superior attention to detail
- Proven communication skills, both oral and written
- Customer service skills
- Ability to travel regularly (30% to 40% of the time)
- Knowledge of the Georgia coast and/or environmental sector
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter (one combined PDF file is preferred) describing their qualifications and interest in the position to HR@onehundredmiles.org. Please include “Development Events Manager” in the email subject line. Submissions must have a cover letter to be considered. Candidate review begins immediately and we hope to have the position filled by September. Due to the volume of applicants, only those who best match the position's needs will be contacted.
One Hundred Miles offers a competitive salary based on experience and a comprehensive benefits package. One Hundred Miles is an equal-opportunity employer.