Assistant Director, Organization and Community Initiatives
- South Arts
- Hybrid/Corporate Office, Atlanta Georgia/Remote
- Salary $50,000 negotiable based on skills and experience
- Closing date
- Jun 25, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Arts / Culture / Humanities
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Development / Fundraising, Program / Project Management, Technology / Data Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
TITLE: Assistant Director, Organization and Community Initiatives
LOCATION: Hybrid – Corporate Office, Atlanta Georgia/Remote
REPORTS TO: Director, Organization and Community Initiatives
SALARY: $50,000 (negotiable based on skills and previous experience)
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, South Arts is a nonprofit regional arts organization empowering artists, organizations, and communities, and increasing access to arts and culture.
In partnership with the National Endowment for the Arts and the State Arts Agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee — with additional funding from other public and private donors such as the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, the Ford Foundation, and The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation — South Arts supports artists and organizations through a rich and responsive portfolio of grants, fellowships, and programs.
As an organization, we believe that art elevates the region in which we live, that it increases connectedness between community members, and that it can serve as a catalyst for meaningful change.
We offer a generous benefits plan consisting of Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403(b) Investment Plan, Paid Vacation and Sick Leave, Holidays, and Incentive Bonuses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support the development, implementation, and administration of a portfolio of programs focused on equity funding initiatives, cohort development, and capacity building for the field.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of several grant programs
- Provide technical assistance for incoming applicant queries.
- Develop and maintain program FAQ and communication templates, website updates, and online seminar production.
- Maintain field knowledge and provide guidance for program needs
- Process incoming applications through internal review and online portal reporting maintenance and tracking.
- Prepare applications and panelists/reviewers for adjudication processes.
- Assist with panel process and adjudication elements.
- Organize and review final and interim reports, and support materials.
- Support Field-building Initiatives and assist with development and tracking of constituent feedback surveys.
- Follow internal accounting procedures to generate payments associated with invoices, letters of agreement, memos of understanding, and contracts.
- Assist in drafting programming information for South Arts website and communications.
- Event registration fulfillment.
- Manage virtual or in-person convening planning and production to include scheduling in-person and virtual meetings, researching rental of meeting site(s), manage travel and hotel reservations, catering, and overall logistics.
- Coordinate and produce meeting materials, presentations, and communications.
- Process travel reimbursements and participation stipends
- Support site-visits for grant-funded programs as assigned and represent South Arts in local,regional, and national conversations and forums related to programs areas.
- Provide leadership and staffing for field networks and related grants.
- Input and update data in all grants management platforms and run reports as requested, utilizing the Grants Management System and other constituent relationship management systems.
- Support Director with most efficient strategies for all phases of project management including project design, planning, implementation, and reporting.
- Conduct and analyze field research and evaluations/surveys.
- Support and update resource databases.
- Provide information to Communications team for coordination or development of program website and other communication needs.
- Complete related program and organizational tracking, correspondence, or follow-up for all assigned projects.
WHAT YOU OFFER:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects and/or programs in the arts or other related field, experience with non-profit grants management.
- Experience working in arts programs related to one or all the following: touring and presenting, organization and community initiatives, and touring artists.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office, with advanced knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint
- Basic knowledge of online systems such as constituent relationship management systems (CRM) and Salesforce
- Admin experience helpful.
- Knowledge in grants management systems (GMS)
- Experience with event program registration systems.
- Ability to critical think using logic and reasoning to understand, analyze, and evaluate complex situations and research information to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to the training needs identified.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Able to develop and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with employees at all levels of the organization to include representatives from other departments and organizations.
- Ability to evaluate varying methods of research and chose the one that best defines the project or need.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- General knowledge of foundation arts grantmaking and non-profit sector.
Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Specialized in any of the following:
Arts Administration, fine arts, liberal arts, arts management/administration, public administration, nonprofit administration, communications, or public relations.
To apply for this position, please submit cover letter, current resume and salary requirements to Attn: Human Resources, hrrecruiting@southarts[dot]org
South Arts is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. South Arts is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
South Arts’ mission is Advancing Southern vitality through the arts. South Arts is a non-profit regional arts organization founded in 1975 to build on the South’s unique heritage and enhance the public value of the arts. South Arts’ work responds to the arts environment and cultural trends with regional perspective. South Arts’ offers an annual portfolio of activities designed to address the role of the arts in impacting the issues important to our region, and to link the South with the nation and the world through the arts.
The organization works in partnership with the state arts agencies of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Tennessee. It is funded by the National Endowment for the Arts, member states, foundations, businesses and individuals.
For more information about South Arts, please refer to our website at www.southarts.org
1800 Peachtree Street NW
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert