Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation Program Coordinator
About Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation
CDE Foundation works as a trusted partner with state education leaders and entities to create, resource, and implement solutions that result in a strong and valued public education system that serves every student in California. CDE Foundation serves as the fiscal manager for the California Department of Education (CDE), providing means for philanthropy to invest directly in a public education system that serves nearly 6.2 million students.
We remain committed to seeing every child reach their full potential and strive to leverage our partnerships and expertise in service of a more racially just and educationally equitable teaching and learning landscape. We accomplish this mission in three ways:
- We CONVENE people to build and foster communities of practice in public education
- We COMMUNICATE to build awareness and access to key resources.
- We CATALYZE to Initiate or advance model programs; connect and communicate innovation to the larger educational system.
For more information about our programs and work, please visit: www.cdefoundation.org
Position Summary: The Program Coordinator will provide administrative and programmatic support to Program Directors and Program Managers who manage three key initiatives for the CDE Foundation (CDEF), including the California STEAM Initiatives, the California Teacher Residency Lab, and the California Labor Management Initiative (CA LMI). Programmatic support will include event planning, registration, on-site support at events, and communication with participants and external stakeholders. The Program Coordinator will provide administrative support in the following areas: accounts receivable for CDEF programs, calendaring, contract tracking, and supporting financial operations. The position requires the ability to multitask, strong communication, and organizational skills as a detail-oriented, self-led administrative professional. This position reports to the Director of Grants and Operations. Two-plus years of administrative experience preferred.
Program Support for CA LMI, STEAM Initiatives, and Residency Lab
- Provide logistical support to Program Directors, Program Managers, and consultants who manage CDEF conferences and events, including preparation, accounts receivable and accounts payable (i.e. ordering materials, catering, reserving rooms, etc), on-site support and post-event follow-up as needed.
- Assist program staff and event management team for a large annual events ranging from 200 - 2,000+ educators, including registration, management of payment process, and other duties as assigned.
- Work with Program Directors and Program Managers to gain a high-level understanding of programs and grants for processing expenses to ensure accuracy in financial reporting.
- Work closely with Program Directors on invoice development, contract, and payment tracking.
- Assist program staff with communication with event stakeholders (i.e. participants, contractors, presenters, venue, and other event stakeholders).
- Oversee and support the use of technology for program operations, such as video conferencing technology, presentation software (ZOOM, Google), and other communications technologies.
- Support communication activities, including working with Directors and communications consultants on social media and email communications.
- Maintain organizational calendars regarding events and provide monthly updates of upcoming CDE or partner events on staff calls.
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions for Program Directors on incoming revenue and upcoming expenses.
- Assist Program Directors with the hiring of new staff and contractors, as necessary.
- Organizational Skills: Outstanding time management skills and attention to detail, with a proven ability to plan ahead, prioritize tasks, and juggle multiple demands effectively.
- Communications Skills: Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication and ability to prepare correspondence and synthesize meeting notes. Exceptional customer service skills.
- Technology Skills: Strong technology skills: proficiency with Microsoft suite products and online cloud systems (e.g. Google Workspace, cloud storage platforms); prior use of accounting software preferred e.g. Xero, Bill.com; adept with project management tools such as Trello.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Ability to quickly understand a situation, use sound judgment, and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Skill in managing changing priorities and ad hoc requests from various staff members and external stakeholders. Able to work independently and work cooperatively in a team setting with small but dynamic staff.
- People Savvy: Comfort and ability to communicate and interact with a range of stakeholders, including off-site staff, board members, donors, and external vendors.
- Mission and Values Alignment: A desire to work in an organization that is pursuing equity and inclusion in public education in California. Ability to thrive in a collaborative, feedback-driven, and learning environment.
- 2+ years of full-time experience working as an assistant, customer service, or related role in a nonprofit organization or public education system. Knowledge of preK-12 education is a plus though not required
- Fully remote
- Ability to work with diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Proficient with computers and ZOOM (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and access to a vehicle.
- Occasional travel for internal staff meetings/retreats and to provide on-site support at state-wide events all located in California.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time non-exempt position. The salary range is $30.00 - $35.00 per hour (Salary range $62,400 - $72,800).
CDE Foundation offers a full range of benefits for employees and their qualified dependents through Gusto, including but not limited to the following:
- 100% coverage of employee health benefit premiums, including dental, vision, life, and disability insurance coverage.
- A company-sponsored 401K plan through Vestwell
- 15 days of vacation per 12 months of full-time employment, with eligibility for higher accrual levels after 24 months.
- 19 company holidays, including several state and federal observances, and the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Up to 9 days of annual sick leave.
- Jury Duty and Bereavement Leave
Californians Dedicated to Education Foundation is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We will work hard to ensure diverse slates of candidates for openings at our organization.
Interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Karina Gigliotti karina@cdefoundation[dot]org. Applications are encouraged before June 30, 2023, and will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.