General Description: The role of the Director of Missions and the Pantry @ HMUMC is to equip members of Hamilton Mill United Methodist Church to Go into the world and make disciples of Jesus Christ, consistent with the HMUMC discipleship process of Gather – Grow - Go. The main responsibilities include management and strategic leadership of The Pantry at HMUMC, coordination with the HMUMC Mission Committee and Chair, and the overall execution of missions at HMUMC. The Director will be highly relational, a strategic thinker, and a strong advocate for missions, both inside and outside HMUMC. This person will also be adaptable and able to simultaneously balance a variety of projects.
- Commitment and devotion to the mission of the United Methodist Church.
- Highly organized and dependable Leadership and management experience – particularly with high numbers of unpaid volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in related field
- Experience in grant writing and fundraising preferred
- Strong relational abilities and problem-solving skills
- Carries out multiple tasks and meets deadlines
- Develop and manage the budgets for The Pantry at HMUMC and the HMUMC Missions budget
- Innovative thinker with proven ability to verbally communicate plans and visions
- Heart for serving people
- Ability to collaborate effectively and professionally with other church leaders and volunteers
Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversight and execution of The Pantry at HMUMC - Responsible for creating an environment that serves our community and continues to grow our missional reach to our neighbors
- Recruit, train, equip, affirm, and mobilize Pantry Lay Leadership Team (Pantry Lay Director, Distribution Coordinator, Driver Coordinator, Volunteer Coordinator, and Operations Coordinator) to accomplish the day-to-day functions of The Pantry which distributes more than one million pounds of food to over 80,000 individuals each year.
- Create and nurture partnerships with community organizations, local schools, and churches to accomplish the mission of The Pantry and to recruit new and lasting volunteers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with committed donors and write/secure needed grants to continue the work of The Pantry
- Learn and continue proficiency in software management crucial to the operations of The Pantry, including Planning Center and Oasis Database.
- Champion the building project for The Pantry in coordination with the HMUMC Leadership Team, Trustees, and other crucial members. Ensure all physical needs are met in a timely matter.
- Work to expand The Pantry to also include additional ministries that help break the cycle of food insecurity in our area.
- Maintain a regular presence within The Pantry throughout the week, including but not limited to, Wednesday Food Bank deliveries, Saturday Distributions, and normal volunteer hours.
- Provide support and care for The Pantry Leadership Team, volunteers, and patrons.
- Coordinate and execute special events within the community and beyond, including but no limited to Back to School Food Drives, Friday Night Food Nights, Holiday Meal Distributions, and Angel Tree.
- Manage The Pantry budget and restricted fund accounts
- Create the proposed Pantry budget each year and oversee implementation of the budget and expense management
- Oversee accurate record keeping of in-kind donations for The Pantry.
- Facilitate the design and implementation of a long term strategic plan for The Pantry.
Responsible for leading the HMUMC Missions Committee and coordinating with the Missions Chair.
- Build and support the already existent missions and ministries of the GO portion of the HMUMC discipleship process.
- Maintain existing and create new opportunities for HMUMC members to actively participate in mission within HMUMC and beyond.
- Empower and develop the leadership capacities of the lay members who form the Missions Committee.
- Plan and execute mission activities like Above All | Love All, Church Wide Service Days, Family Mission Projects, and Collection Drives
- Maintain a consistent presence with the various teams that make up HMUMC missions by encouraging, troubleshooting, leading, and standing in the gap as necessary
- In coordination with the Missions Chair, manage the missions budget and restricted funds
Presence at HMUMC Staff Meeting and Pantry Leadership Team Meetings.
Attend other operational or pastoral meetings on an as needed basis.
Attend worship at HMUMC Model personal behavior and a lifestyle consistent with Christian faith and principle
Subject to the general rules of employment in the HMUMC employee handbook