The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta works to inspire and lead our region toward equity and shared prosperity for all who call our region home. We work with a shared commitment to community working with residents, neighborhoods and civic leaders across public, private and philanthropic sectors to seize the greatest opportunities and solve the region’s most pressing challenges.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Administrative Assistant II is responsible for providing confidential administrative support for multiple directors, centering the mission of the organization while modeling excellent customer service and responsiveness.
Essential Functions of Position:
- Supports the mission, vision and strategic goals of the Foundation in order to serve both internal and external customers
- Serve as source of contact and provide full administrative and research support for all matters relating to calendars, travel requirements, budget preparation and expense reports, organizational memberships, external board/committee responsibilities and mail distribution for multiple directors
- High level of interfacing with internal and external contacts, requiring a professional presence while maintaining a considerable amount of discretion with a strong affinity for customer service, relationship building and client management responsibilities
- Support department projects producing deliverables and meeting deadlines
- Anticipating needs of directors and identifying process improvement opportunities
- Works with multiple directors to execute administrative tasks, including preparation and maintaining materials, drafting reports, scheduling, calendar management, logistics, project support, etc.
- Assist in department-wide projects as needed and other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years administrative experience with significant multi-tasking ability, customer service experience
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and anticipate needs of each supported director
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Proactive, self-starter, and takes initiative
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented with ability to work on and appropriately prioritize multiple requests at the same time, performing each with high attention to detail and quality
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills, including ability to accommodate a high level of interaction with foundation staff, donors, professional advisors, and general members of the community
- Dedication to efficiency and process improvement with strong sense of urgency
- Extensive knowledge of information systems, computers, office equipment and standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Operates with a strong sense of accountability, flexibility, humility and proven capacity for self-reflection
- Strong time management skills with ability to complete tasks timely and accurately
- Expertise utilizing Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word) and other software/hardware (Raiser’s Edge, Zoom, Docusign, etc.)
- Ability to serve as a trusted member of the Administrative Department
- Mission aligned with a strong sense of purpose over task
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (medical and religious exemption accommodation possible) within 30 days of hire.
The Community Foundation operates in a hybrid working environment with staff working in-office three days per week and the opportunity to work two days remote per week if in good standing.
To be determined based upon experience and qualifications within the anticipated salary range of $60,000-$65,000. This position is exempt and employee is eligible for the Foundation’s competitive health and benefits plan:
- Paid time off:
- Two weeks accrued paid vacation
- Two weeks accrued paid sick leave
- Four mental health days
- Two personal day
- Two floating holidays
- Ten holidays
- All benefits effective on date of hire – no waiting period
- 100% employer-paid benefits (medical, dental, vision) for employee-only insurance plans
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and AD&D
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability
- 100% employer-paid parking in downtown Atlanta or monthly MARTA card
- Affordable plans for legal insurance, critical illness, supplemental life, and more
- Employee Assistance Program
- Immediate eligibility for employee contribution to 403b plan
- After two-year anniversary with organization, all employees receive an employer-paid contribution of 6% of their salary to a SEP-IRA plan regardless if the employee contributes to retirement
- Culture and Development:
- Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for each team member including trainings, resources, development opportunities, etc.
- Two wellness rooms for mental health with self-care items
- Fun monthly employee engagement activities
Please submit your resume for consideration to email@example.com with the subject line of “Admin Assistant II”.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta values diversity and inclusion; therefore we honor the diverse needs, strengths, voices, and backgrounds of all individuals in our regional community.