Program and Operations Manager
- Partners in Expanding Health Quality and Access
- Preferably Davis, CA or nearby Northern CA, including the San Francisco Bay Area / Working from home
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Jul 10, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Agriculture / Food / Nutrition, Capacity Building / Volunteerism, Education, Environment, Government, Healthcare
- Job Function
- Marketing / Communications, Program / Project Management, Public Policy / Administration
- Position Type
- Full Time
Type: Full-time staff position
Location: Preferably Davis, California or nearby Northern California, including the San Francisco Bay Area
Travel: Up to 30% domestic and international travel
Applications are welcome until position is filled. All applicants are required to submit CV/resume, and separate cover letter describing qualifications and experience, interest and familiarity with issues relating to the position, and how this position relates to the applicant’s career goals.
ExpandNet (www.expandnet.net) is a global network of public health professionals working to advance the science and practice of scaling up and led by a geographically dispersed, global Secretariat. ExpandNet’s mission is to promote equitable access to high quality health services by ensuring that the benefits achieved in successful pilot and experimental projects are expanded to serve more people, more quickly and in a sustainable manner. Partners in Expanding Health Quality and Access (hereafter Partners) is a small US-based 501(c)3 nonprofit organization based in Davis, California that administers resources for the work of ExpandNet.
Partners is seeking to recruit a motivated self-starter who is well-organized and detail-oriented to join our small team as Program Manager. The Program Manager will work in close collaboration with our leadership team and global public health and development leaders to support the planning, communication and implementation of a five-year Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation grant. This position requires strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, skills in the exercise of diplomacy and the ability to work collaboratively with senior colleagues from different cultural backgrounds both within and outside the organization. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities/countries we serve. This position offers substantial opportunities for growth and learning.
The work will entail supporting ExpandNet’s leadership team with the following technical tasks:
- Engaging with external stakeholders, including partner collaborations, donor relations and advocacy efforts
- Help to convene and document team meetings with ExpandNet members and partners
- Provide necessary information for leadership to make well-informed decisions and help ensure follow-through on action items
- Monitor project implementation timelines and outcomes
- Help draft annual donor progress reports and other materials and documents as necessary, in consultation with the President and ExpandNet leadership
- Provide high-level administrative support
- Provide written content and proofreading for communications such as newsletters, briefings, reports, press releases, etc.
- Assume responsibilities and conduct other tasks as requested by the leadership team
- Familiarize oneself and become adept with discussing ExpandNet’s framework, tools, approach and experience with supporting scale up of health and development interventions in countries
- Support the application of ExpandNet guidance tools in countries, potentially growing into the role of collaborating to provide direct technical assistance for scale-up work in countries
- Contribute to the development and revision of program and donor reports, work plans, monitoring and evaluation plans, and communications materials
- Coordinate and help manage daily internal operations, including scheduling, communications, tracking workstreams
- Support stakeholder relationship management, meeting documentation and priority-setting for the leadership team to leadership,
- Provide organizational, visitor hosting, IT and administrative for all activities of the organization
- Able to work flexible hours to accommodate collaboration across diverse time zones, with a high frequency of early-morning calls
- Play a key role in managing participants’ usage of a dedicated, online-learning platform
- Support the development and implementation of ExpandNet’s communications work, supporting engagement and communications with key partners, including drafting communications, assisting at meetings, and interacting with stakeholders
- Highly organized and with the ability to take initiative; consult with leadership when necessary and ensure follow-through takes place; prioritize multiple tasks, work under pressure, and meet multiple and competing deadlines
- Superb project management skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytic and writing skills; able to rapidly gather, synthesize and summarize information in the fields of global public health and development
- Proactively identify issues and bottlenecks and problem solve with practical solutions
- Cross-cultural communications skills; diplomacy in communicating with senior leaders from broad and diverse backgrounds
- Mature, dependable, rigorous and discrete with high integrity and good judgement
- An eagerness to learn new skills
- High emotional quotient (EQ), ability to “read the room,” and be a good listener
- High cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Familiarity with low-income country contexts, including health systems, is preferable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in French a plus
Education and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees in international development, public health, cultural studies, public policy, business administration, communications, or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint)
- Strong information technology skills, capacity to collaborate via distance and experience with content development preferred
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Salary commensurate with experience. Partners offers a comprehensive benefits package including some relevant professional development.
Partners is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to creating a team that reflects the diversity of the communities/countries we serve.
About us & mission
ExpandNet is an informal global network of individuals from international organizations, non-governmental organizations, academic and research institutions, governmental ministries and specific projects who seek to advance the science and practice of scaling up.
Our mission is to promote equitable access to high quality health and development interventions by ensuring that the benefits achieved in successful pilot, demonstration and experimental projects are expanded and institutionalized to serve more people, more quickly and more sustainably.
2211 La Mesa Court
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert