Position: Specialized Foster Care Case Manager
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $38,000 - $42,000
Reports to: Program Manager
Summary: The Case Manager – Foster Care, a full-time position, is employed by and is directly accountable to the Program Manager. Position is primarily responsible for the placement of children in foster homes; maintenance of children while in the foster home; dismissal and follow-up of children upon leaving the foster homes; supervision and training of the foster parents; provision of casework services to birth families and/or children in foster homes. In addition, this worker needs:
- Be a viable team member by investing in all activities and functions of the agency’s services.
- Participate in conferences and other training opportunities when requested by the Program Manager; and make use of professional consultation by learning from the experience and knowledge of others.
- Operate in an organized manner consistent with reasonable economy and to keep the Program Manager aware of the full range and expected needs of clients in order that priorities can be considered.
- Meet deadlines on compliance standards for foster youth as well as foster parents’ records including RCC, DFCS, OPM, and COA regulations.
- Meet monthly deadlines for preparing financial vouchers for the foster parents as well as RBWO per diems for DHS.
- Actively coordinate and participate in service and permanency planning for each family on his/her caseload.
- Be involved in the quarterly quality assurance peer monitoring of children’s and foster parents’ records.
- Make the minimum monthly visits to the regular foster homes and to the available birth parents.
- Participate in outcome planning for foster care, and the keeping of data to support outcomes.
- Enter required data in the state’s GA Score, SHINES, and extendedReach systems, meeting the monthly deadlines.
- Enter and annually gather data used for the agency’s annual report.
- Understand and practice the use of appropriate confidentiality.
- Follow agency personnel and program policy.
- Be involved in the activities of the agency’s quality assurance program.
- Perform other duties as delegated by the Program Manager.
Fast paced, working with vulnerable clients. The ability to maintain a flexible work schedule which will include evenings and weekends is required. Most of the role is home-based; nevertheless, travel may involve visiting homes, in-person meetings, and assessments.
Candidate must be able to lift to 25 pounds. Some filing is required, and the candidate must have the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position and requires some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
Required Education and Experience
- Have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in a human service or behavioral science field.
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience of working with children and families.
- Own, drive, and maintain an automobile in good working condition, receiving reimbursement for agency business mileage.
- Understand that this job will require some evening and weekend hours of employment, and some after-hour on call responsibilities.
- Be computer literate, including word processing and excel spread sheets.
- Be organized and detailed oriented.
- Possess good communication and writing skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Understanding of complex trauma and ability to implement strategies to guide families to help children through trauma.
- Spirit of collaboration and teamwork that fosters positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- A positive, uplifting, and inviting demeanor that opens the door for easy rapport building with families and children.
- Alignment and commitment to the agency’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Extraordinary attention to case level details that incorporates strong case management skills.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.