Bearings Bike Works is a faith-based organization that utilizes bikes to help youth develop the skills necessary to successfully transition into adulthood, namely the workforce. Our mission is to put the right tools in the hands of youth enabling them to advance their skills to build productive lives. Our vision is to see those that we serve take ownership of their lives with character and purpose and experience the freedom of economic mobility. The Business Operations Manager, working closely with the Co-Founder/Director of Development, manages the day-to-day business operations of the organization, ensuring excellence in all back office operations and procedures. If you're passionate about youth development programming and want to dedicate your skills to helping support a high level of operational excellence at this innovative program, this role if for you!
High Level Goals of the Position:
- Manage the day to day business operations of the organization, with a keen eye on process and scalability.
- Ensure the continued financial viability of Bearings Bike Shop’s programs through sound fiscal management.
- Oversee Human Resource processes as well as compliance with all levels of government.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Review and approve preparation and finalization of monthly and annual financial reporting materials and metrics for board of directors.
- At direction of Executive Director, oversee budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new ventures.
- Oversee and complete internal financial tasks in compliance with Bearings’ Financial Policy and any applicable laws, working alongside outside bookkeeper as needed
- Monitor Accounts Payable, Receivables and Payroll Management process and lead team through annual Audit process
Human Capital Administration
- Oversee and perform HR processes for new and current personnel, ensuring that they are efficient and predictable so that people can get to work quickly and focus on impact.
Logistical Support and Special Projects
- Serve as office manager and oversee all back office operations of Bearings to ensure team members have what they need to be successful in program delivery and excellent stakeholder service.
- Ensure external stakeholders receive excellent customer service at the initial point of contact.
- Lead special projects as needed to support effective program and administrative operations.
For the right candidate, we would also consider a part-time role structure.
Bearings offers a generous Holiday and PTO schedule; Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; and company 401K program with match.