Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager
- One Warm Coat
- Work remotely from anywhere within the United States
- $64K to $70K plus health insurance, dental, vision, Simple IRA, life insurance, generous PTO policy
- Closing date
- Apr 17, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Capacity Building / Volunteerism, Environment, Human Services
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising, Marketing / Communications, Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
The Corporate and Foundation Relations Manager is a new position that will report to the President & CEO. This is an excellent opportunity to work remotely for a national nonprofit organization. As a member of a small team of dedicated professionals, you will have the opportunity to work with a variety of corporate and foundation donors and make an impact on the lives of thousands of people across the country. The salary range is $64K to $70K plus great benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, Simple IRA, life insurance, phone stipend, and a generous PTO policy.
Responsibility: Secure funding for One Warm Coat’s mission through corporate sponsorships and employee engagement activities / 60%
- Research potential corporate sponsors to identify interest and giving potential, find contact information, and craft targeted outreach emails
- Schedule meetings with prospects and submit sponsorship proposals
- Track corporate sponsorship revenue and provide reports as requested
- Identify and solicit new corporate donors for the Zero Waste Initiative
- Review and update corporate sponsor content on the OWC website content
- Create inbound lead generation through strategic posts on LinkedIn
- Identify tools, resources, and conferences for outreach and networking
- Work with President & CEO to coordinate corporate outreach with the Board
- Create, manage, and update corporate outreach materials and the corporate sponsorship structure
- Leverage employee engagement activations for financial support
- Manage the onboarding process for new corporate sponsors
- Design a corporate sponsor stewardship plan and provide attentive and appropriate stewardship to existing corporate sponsors
- Track all corporate sponsorship information in the CRM
- Manage cause marketing partnerships and point-of-sale agreements
- Work with the Program Director to steward relationships with existing corporate donors to the Zero Waste Initiative and Disaster Relief Program and solicit repeat donations
- Manage the sponsor renewal process
- Create and manage content for a quarterly corporate newsletter
Responsibility: Secure funding for One Warm Coat’s mission through corporate and foundation grants / 35%
- Cultivate a thorough understanding of One Warm Coat's mission, programs, partner agency data, and strategic direction to articulate the need for funding in creative ways.
- Find, research, draft, edit, and submit grant proposals to corporations and foundations in a timely manner to provide support for One Warm Coat’s programs.
- Compile internal data and external research to create a grant resource center including tax forms, budgets, audits, and national statistics on poverty, homelessness, and the health effects of cold weather.
- Maintain a master calendar of proposals and reporting, track and maintain records per grant terms and conditions, and ensure timely completion of all letters of intent, applications, and reports.
- Ensure acknowledgment of funders via letters and where appropriate on OWC’s website, e-newsletter, and social media. Include photos and client thank you notes.
Responsibility: Teamwork / 5%
- Maintain a commitment to and focus on the mission of One Warm Coat: to provide free, warm coats to children and adults in need while promoting volunteerism and sustainability.
- Support the rest of the One Warm Coat Team with other duties as needed
Successful candidates will have:
- Passion for One Warm Coat’s mission: to provide free coats to children and adults in need while promoting volunteerism and environmental sustainability
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, Nonprofit Management, or Social Entrepreneurship; other equivalencies considered
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience working in the nonprofit sector
- Knowledge of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies and techniques, particularly in the areas of corporate and foundation fundraising
- Demonstrated ability and success in proposal writing
- Experience researching and obtaining information about corporate and foundation giving programs
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills with groups and individuals
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism in all circumstances
- Ability to initiate, build, and sustain relationships with prospective corporate and foundation donors
- Ability to take primary responsibility for a diverse number of projects and manage and complete them in a timely manner with limited supervision
- Demonstrated record of success in generating significant commitments from corporations and foundations
- Ability to prioritize service to others and to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually demanding, and service-oriented environment
- Proficiency adapting to new technologies including CRMs and project management tools
Applicants should email a current resume and cover letter to apply@onewarmcoat[dot]org by April 17, 2023. Applicants must be citizens of the United States and if hired, may work remotely from anywhere within the country. One Warm Coat is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
One Warm Coat is a national cloud-based nonprofit organization that provides free coats to
children and adults in need while promoting volunteerism and environmental sustainability. Over
the past 30 years, One Warm Coat has facilitated more than 43,000 coat drives, collecting 7.3
million coats that have been distributed through 1,400 nonprofit partners across all 50 states.
Individuals and organizations can get involved by donating coats, holding coat drives, and
making financial donations. Every $1 donated warms 1 person. One Warm Coat believes in
each person’s right to shelter from the elements and is committed to sharing warmth, without
discrimination, one coat at a time.
2443 Fillmore Street #380-5363
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert