Personal Care Assistant
- Hapeville Home Life
- Hapeville, Atlanta
- Pay starts at $15/hour
- Closing date
- Apr 19, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Animal-related, Civil Rights / Advocacy, Healthcare, Human Services
- Job Function
- Animal Care, Child Care / After school / Counselor, Direct Service / Social Service, Health / Medical, Home Health Aid / Senior Care
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- High School
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
Hello! I am a wheelchair user that employs a team of caregivers to help me with my day-to-day tasks. No prior experience necessary! Apply now and please share.
I work full-time, have a family, and need folks interested in pitching in all around. Duties include assisting me with activities of daily living (ADLs) like transferring, toileting, bathing, and dressing; driving me in my vehicle; and being generally progressive and present but not intrusive.
This is a great way to build a resume, especially for those wishing to work in the medical field. All caregivers are formally hired and provided training. Ideal for individuals who are already or wish to become medical students, physical therapists, or nannies, or are just naturally attentive and need some extra money.
- Must be able to lift 85 lbs
- Must have valid driver's license, reliable transportation, and a good driving record
- Must be willing to become CPR and First Aid certified (online and paid for)
Location: I live in Hapeville (SW Atlanta) with my wife, a cat, and three huskies, a puppy, and two split household teenagers.
Shifts you might be asked to cover include:
- Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 10:00AM. This shift involves getting me ready for work every weekday. Key for this role is being prompt and consistent in attendance because I can’t get out of bed if you don’t show up.
- Monday through Sunday from 10:00pm to Midnight. This shift involve helping me get into bed at night.
- Saturday and/or Sunday 9:00am-8:00pm. These shifts involve getting me ready and accompanying me on family outings, running errands and house chores of the weekend variety. Breaks throughout the day are frequent.
All shifts include some pet care, some housework, and require the ability to lift me safely.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert