CEO & Executive Director
- Businesses Ending Slavery & Trafficking (BEST)
- Seattle, Washington State
- $125,000 - $150,000
- Closing date
- Apr 14, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Civil Rights / Advocacy, Employment, Human Services
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising, Executive / Senior Management, Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
Since its founding in 2012, Businesses Ending Slavery and Trafficking (BEST) has been driven by a single vision: prevent human trafficking. Central to this vision is a belief that every person has the right to be free from commercial sexual exploitation and forced labor. By educating employers to prevent human trafficking and creating pathways to employment for survivors of trafficking, this vision can become a reality. Growing from a single meeting of trafficking experts in 2011, BEST now equips over 20,000 individuals per year with the tools and knowledge necessary to assist potential victims.
BEST strives to spark long-term social change through the following programs:
- Awareness about the links between trafficking and employer operations.
- Consultation to implement BEST practices.
- Training for employees to identify and prevent trafficking.
- Safe Jobs for survivors of human trafficking.
BEST is seeking a CEO & Executive Director to lead the organization into our next stage of growth and social impact. As the new CEO & ED, you will enter an organization that has the following qualities:
- Financially stability and growth potential, with a six-month operating reserve, diverse revenue streams, and a strong technological infrastructure for operating in a hybrid work environment;
- An engaged board that is highly skilled, active in fundraising, and respectful of the CEO’s operational oversight;
- A dedicated team of staff that has built BEST’s reputation of being a well-run and effective organization that fosters cross-sector collaboration, inclusivity, and belonging; as well as
- Community trust, built on more than a decade of partnering with human trafficking survivors, employers, donors, and local agencies.
For more information, please visit our website at www.bestalliance.org.
What You Bring
Candidates will be evaluated on the full range of their lived and learned experience, professional background, volunteer experience, and direct and transferable skills. BEST seeks candidates with a compelling combination of the following knowledge, skills, and attributes:
- An authentic relationship-builder with a passion for creating effective, collaborative partnerships to reach common goals and with experience proactively partnering working with people and organizations from diverse backgrounds, points of view, and sectors.
- Solid financial management skills, including budgeting, analysis, decision making, and reporting.
- Transparent, approachable, and high integrity leadership and people management.
- Ability to envision new ideas and to strategically plan and direct their execution, including managing teams, fund development, program development, and effectively using technology tools.
- Capacity and passion to become a national subject matter expert on the issue of human trafficking and communicate that knowledge with persuasive and compelling written communication and public speaking skills.
- A minimum of five years of senior management experience in a small or mid-size organization (for-profit, nonprofit, or government agency).
- A minimum of three years in nonprofit management by working in a nonprofit, serving on a nonprofit board, or working in close partnerships with nonprofits.
- A Bachelor’s degree.
You can learn more here: https://valtasgroup.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk02k6y/
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert