Summer Academy Teacher
- LaAmistad, Inc.
- Atlanta, Georgia
- $25-$30 Hourly
- Closing date
- Apr 15, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Job Function
- Child Care / After school / Counselor, Education / Teaching
- Position Type
- Temporary / Seasonal
- Degree Level
- Experience Level
LaAmistad Animate Summer Academy is looking for dedicated, enthusiastic, and experienced Teachers with a dynamic talent for creating and nurturing a lifelong love of knowledge in children. We seek for professional and caring individuals with the ability to lead academic instruction and support recreational activities in our summer program. Ideal candidates should connect deeply with our vision, mission, core values and strive to create an unforgettable summer learning experience for our students.
Our Mission is to prepare Latino students and families for success through academic and life enrichment programs.
Our Vision that Latino students and families achieve lifelong self-sufficiency
Our Core Values:
Kindness "The ability to speak with love, listen with patience, and act with compassion.”
Excellence "Every touch, every time, no exceptions."
Passion "You can't fake passion."
Team Work "Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."
Perseverance "The grit, raw endurance, hard work, and tenacity that keeps you going despite obstacles.”
Qualifications and Minimum Requirements:
- Must have a BS/BA in Education or related field and/or teaching certificate (Ideal candidates will have a minimum of one year of teaching experience)
- Commitment to mission, goals, and core values
- Must have own transportation and hold a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be available for training dates and all programming days
- Direct instruction of 8-12 students during summer program (8am-12pm)
- Create academic lessons each day to build & strengthen student Math, ELA and Reading performance
- Supervise all in-person activities with students. This includes participating in daily meals (lunch) with the students, supervising student drop-off & pick-up (12pm-2:30pm)
- Coach/train teaching assistants and volunteer camp counselors to provide small group support to LaAmistad students
- Attend pre-training and orientation session prior to the start of the program
- Execute student assessments and update performance data
- Differentiate instruction based on assessments and collaborate with support staff (reading specialists) to meet students' learning needs
- Teach and model positive life, study, and social skills
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the administrative team
- Experience working with kids or in a camp setting a plus.
- Bilingual Spanish.
- Genuine love and interest in working with children and/or education.
- Ability to maintain an excellent work ethic, a high level of energy and exceptional enthusiasm each day.
- Flexibility to meet changing needs and demands while balancing multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team, with an openness to feedback and a desire to grow professionally.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
Pay $25-$30/hourly based on qualifications and experience.
Location: Summer Academies will take place on the following campuses:
966 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
June 5th - July 7th (plus training and orientation days pre-camp)
The Westminster Schools
1424 West Paces Ferry Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30327
June 5th - 30th (plus training and orientation days pre-camp)
Days: Monday - Friday (No camp on July 3rd and 4th)
Time: 8:00 AM - 2:30 PM
The words la amistad are Spanish for “the friendship”. At LaAmistad, friendships between students and staff, volunteers, and fellow students are cultivated every day. Their impact can last a lifetime.
is to prepare Latino students and families for success through academic and life enrichment programs.
that Latino students and families achieve life-long self-sufficiency.
- (404) 842-5873
3434 Roswell Rd NE
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert