Director of Development
- Heads-Up Guidance Services
- Hybrid remote in Savannah, GA
- $2,000/month - part time, contract. (8-10 hours/week)
- Closing date
- Apr 12, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Mental Health / Crisis Intervention
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising
- Position Type
- Part Time, Contract / Freelance
- Degree Level
Heads Up Guidance Services Director of Development (contract, part-time - $2,000/month, 8-10 hours/week)
Reporting to and in partnership with the CEO and Managing Director, the Director of Development will spearhead development efforts to propel HUGS forward and provide a roadmap for the organization to obtain financial resources necessary to continue their growth plan set forth in their strategic plan. A new position in the organization, the Director will have the opportunity to build the development framework to achieve goals set forth by the vision. This individual should have first hand knowledge of the Savannah and Chatham County community, bonus if also familiar with Beaufort and Bluffton, SC.
- Develop and execute HUGS’ comprehensive annual fundraising plan to include events, digital and mail solicitations, grants and major gifts
- Create HUGS’ standard operating policies and procedures relying on industry best practices as a guide including gift acknowledgement policies, gift acceptance policies, stewardship policies, etc.
- In tandem with the CEO and Managing Director, secure financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations
- Manage the implementation of Bloomerang CRM and coordinate and manage data entry, gift processing and acknowledgement
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with annual and major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors to include Friends of HUGS
- Oversee organization of special events
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Five-plus years’ experience in development with proven experience building fundraising strategies and plans
- Knowledge of development CRMs
- Demonstrated ability to worked independently, proactively and manage time well
- Ability to work well with a team and management
Ideally, this individual has built a fundraising program from the ground up and has generalist experience in all areas of fundraising
This position is expected to start in the 2nd Quarter of 2023.
Job Type: Contract, part-time
Salary: $2,000.00 per month
- Fundraising: 5 years (Required)
- Development: 5 years (Required)
- Non-profit: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Savannah, GA 31406 - must be local to and reside in Savannah, GA but there will be opportunities to work from home.
Cover Letter required with Application.
Applications will be accepted until end of day 4/12/2023. At that time all will be reviewed and contacted if moving forward to the next round.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert