Grants Compliance Specialist
- Jewish Family and Career Services of Atlanta
- Dunwoody, Atlanta / Hybrid position
- Postion is $60,000K Annually
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) offers best-in-class, person-centered programs and resources to transform lives. Building on our 125-year history, we are here to help individuals and families of all faiths live to their full potential. Guided by Jewish values, we are a welcoming community, and our experienced professionals bring integrity and compassion to their work in the fields of aging and older adults, career counseling, dentistry, mental health, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and need-based support services. We serve thousands of individuals annually regardless of age, race, religion, national origin or ability to pay.
Working at JF&CS:
At JF&CS, we hold these values close to our heart: Commitment and integrity, compassion and respect, innovation and collaboration, professionalism, and responsiveness to diverse needs. Guided by Jewish values, and voted a Top Workplace for 2022 by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, we are a welcoming community of professionals passionate about making a difference in the community. For testimonials from staff on what it’s like being part of the JF&CS family, you can visit our Careers page.
- Up to 20 days paid time off per year
- Paid holidays
- Health, Vision, Dental Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with employer matching
- Paid Parental Leave
JF&CS is now seeking a full-time Grants Compliance Specialist. This is a hybrid position.
PURPOSE: The Grants Compliance Specialist will be responsible for providing analysis, post-award services, and overseeing the compliance of all government and other philanthropic grants and contracts to ensure compliance requirements are met. Serve as internal liaison to program staff in their roles related to grant compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review all government contracts and serve as the internal expert on grant compliance.
- Oversee all grants and contracts and ensure all are consistently aligned with grants and program budget throughout the grant funding period.
- Work with program staff to develop and implement processes to ensure grant compliance
- Design and execute monitoring processes, including conducting file audits and assessments, documenting results, and analyzing data trends.
- Maintains documentation of all contracts and grants in collaboration with the program, development, and finance staff.
- Identify potential areas of compliance risk factors; remain abreast of all compliance changes, activities and identify trends; communicate appropriately with staff concerning policies, procedures, and updates.
- Work with program and finance staff to maintain contracts, grants, expense budgets and analysis accounting to ensure accuracy.
- Provide compliance update reports to senior management as directed or requested.
- Assist, when necessary, finance staff in compiling grants reimbursement requests.
- Prepare and review information and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Assist in preparations for external monitoring visits, reviews, audits, and cross-site evaluations and participate as appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings and grant activities as directed.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Ability to plan, organize, and coordinate; keen attention to detail.
- Collaborative leadership style
- Good research, data management, and statistical analysis skills
- Experience in preparing proposal packages and budgets, understanding outcome measures and grant compliance for human service agencies
- Knowledge of program development and outcomes preferred
- High level of competency in MS Office products, including Word, Outlook, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of B.A. degree required
- Applicable experience in nonprofit governance, administration, grants management, and compliance
COVID-19 VACCINE MANDATE: Where permitted by applicable law, the applicant must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the date of hire to be considered for employment. The booster requirement must be met 30 days after you become eligible, and proof of booster must be provided to Human Resources. JF&CS is an EEO employer and will engage in interactive dialogue regarding any accommodation requested based on medical or religious considerations.
How to Apply?
To apply, please follow this link to locate the full job description and application: Jobs @ JF&CS
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert