Midtown Transportation Program Manager
- Midtown Alliance
- Atlanta, GA / This is not a remote work position, but office hours can be flexible
- Closing date
- Apr 9, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Job Function
- Program / Project Management, Public Policy / Administration
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Experience Level
This position represents a unique opportunity to join a dynamic and highly respected organization whose work has led to the growth of one of the most vibrant and successful areas of our City.
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown, Atlanta. Priorities include infrastructure improvements, public safety, transportation, urban design and planning, beautification, economic development and communications and marketing. Midtown Alliance is a non-profit organization in its 45th year and is governed by a 10-person Executive Committee and a 68-person Board of Directors. Midtown Alliance operates with a staff of 50 FTEs working out of two offices within an easy walking distance of each other in Midtown.
Since 2000, Midtown Alliance has leveraged $20 million of investment to create $400 million in public and private improvements in the public right of way. These improvements include sidewalks, bicycle facilities, traffic signals, and other urban infrastructure. These investments have transformed Midtown's major corridors by improving safety, access, mobility, and aesthetics - all of which reinforce the district's strong urban identity.
Please visit www.MidtownATL.com to learn more.
Midtown Alliance is seeking a highly motivated person to fill the Program Manager position for its sustainable transportation program, Midtown Transportation. The goal of this program is to support the continued development of Midtown Atlanta as a transit-oriented, pedestrian friendly environment while mitigating traffic congestion and improving air quality in the Atlanta region. Midtown Transportation accomplishes this by encouraging employers to offer commuter benefits such as subsidized transit passes to employees, by encouraging employees and residents to embrace the use of alternative transportation through awareness and incentives, and by working with commercial building property managers to help promote and encourage the use of transportation alternatives such as transit, walking, bicycling, carpooling, vanpooling and teleworking. The position reports to the Senior Program Manager, Midtown Transportation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Engaging with Midtown businesses and residential properties in Midtown Transportation’s partner program, via one-on-one partner meetings and follow-up contact as needed, to create new or deepen existing employer benefits that result in increased participation in “clean” commute options.
- Presenting to groups of commuters about available commute options, incentives, and transportation infrastructure projects.
- Planning and executing regional modal promotions (i.e. Atlanta Bike Challenge, Try Transit, and Midtown Walk Challenge), quarterly partner events, and other employer and commuter focused events.
- Maintaining Midtown Transportation partner and prospect database Tracking and reporting relevant programmatic performance metrics.
- Prepare presentations and other deliverables for Midtown Transportation partners, working with Midtown Alliance’s marketing + communications team to ensure brand standards.
- Assist with writing and editing content for regular Midtown Transportation communications Coordinating with internal program administration and planning staff as well as other area TDM providers
The key attributes for this position include:
- Passionate about the mission of Midtown Alliance with a genuine interest in the policies, practices and partnerships that create exceptional urban places.
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written.
- Outgoing and persuasive.
- Excels at creating and maintaining critical data sets and reports.
- Skilled at creating productive working relationships at all levels.
- Self-starter who can identify and execute tasks needed with minimal oversight.
- Strategic thinker excited to contribute to the creative process of program and event ideation.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration, marketing, urban planning, public policy, or related field from an accredited college or university, plus two (2) years of responsible professional experience in a program management, community outreach, or marketing and sales capacity.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft O365 software tools working in a TEAMS environment; ability to work with cloud-based database and file storage applications.
- A basic knowledge of and passion for transit and other transportation options
- Prior experience implementing transportation demand management (TDM) programs
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM software
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite products, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator and basic knowledge of HTML
Out of the District travel is minimal. This is not a remote work position, but office hours can be flexible.
Midtown Alliance offers competitive salaries commensurate with experience, plus exceptional benefits to include employer-paid medical, dental, short- & long-term disability as well as life insurance, generous paid leave (15 vacation, 10 sick, & 13 holidays), and a retirement savings plan with an employer match after one year of service.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest (mandatory) and resume to email@example.com with subject line “Midtown Transportation Program Manager.” No calls please.
Midtown Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment are based on merit, competence, performance and needs of the organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal or state law.
Midtown Alliance is a coalition of business and civic leaders focused on promoting economic development and creating an exceptional urban experience in Midtown Atlanta.
999 Peachtree Street NE
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert