Operations and Human Resources Director
- Wylde Center, Inc.
- Decatur, GA / Opportunities to work from home for a percentage of each week.
- $22/hr, 20 hours per week with possible future expansion.
- Closing date
- Apr 8, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Education, Environment
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Human Resources / Recruiting
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
- Experience Level
The mission of Wylde Center is to support resilient communities by connecting people to nature through environmental education and public greenspace. The Operations and Human Resources Director will ensure the smooth, safe, and efficient administrative operations for the organization. The position is responsible for daily operations management and risk management, including human resources, and oversight of the facility rentals program.
The Operations and HR Director is responsible for overseeing the creation, implementation, and improvement of processes that enhance collaboration and efficiency between and across teams.
The Operations and HR Director will work closely with the Executive Director, the Finance Director, and the leadership team to advance the mission of the organization.
Operations and Human Resources: Plan, organize, direct, and monitor Wylde Center’s human resources and operations for continuous improvement and organizational effectiveness.
- Manage employee human resources systems for continued improvement, effectiveness and compliance: hiring, compensation, payroll and benefits.
- Administer payroll and benefits and facilitate benchmarking and annual review of systems.
- Facilitate recruitment and hiring of new staff with department directors.
- Manage employee relations and policy with a focus on equity, organizational learning and tracking performance of strategic DEI goals.
- Design performance management processes to foster a culture of learning, improvement, and high performance.
- Collaborate with supervisors to establish staff performance goal setting that is aligned with the goals of the organization.
- Facilitate annual review and release of the employee policy handbook and procedures, and overseeing legal review of policies, procedures and HR documents..
- Cultivate an organizational culture that supports Wylde Center’s vision, mission and strategic goals.
- Oversee office management functions; analyze office and departmental operational procedures to increase efficiency and productivity
- Manage software, hardware and monitor staff IT needs; work with outside vendors
- Equitably develop and manage vendor and contractor relationships, as needed, to support finance, operations, development, and programmatic functions.
- Provide oversight of contracts, acquisitions, licenses, and agreements, and ensure contracts and partnership agreements remain current
- Oversee risk management and insurance policies and procedures
- Work with the Executive Director and the Finance Director to plan the annual operations budget
- Collaboratively implement the operations portions of the strategic and sustainability plans
- Work with the Executive Director and the Board of Directors to create an Operations and HR Committee to fulfill the goals of the strategic plan
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as needed
- Represent Wylde Center at public events as necessary
Facilities Rental Program
- Work with the facilities rental coordinator to manage the site rentals program
- 2-3 years of experience working in operations, human resources or management in a supervisory capacity, project management or a combination of these.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma with 3-5 years of relevant professional experience.
- Intermediate Excel or Google Sheets experience; Google Suite or Microsoft 365 experience
- Excellent internal and external customer service
- Collaborative and effective written, interpersonal, and oral communication skills
- Successful experience working with a team
- Efficient and productive work style to allow efficient use of resources
- Ability to work well with other staff, board, committee members, vendors, and volunteers
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and professionalism at all times
- Experience in developing, assessing, and managing projects from start to finish
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Sitting, standing, light lifting (20-40 lbs)
- Infrequent work related travel; mileage reimbursement provided.
OTHER JOB INFORMATION
Compensation: Hourly rate $20-22 per hour, based on experience.
Benefits: Employees are eligible to participate in benefits which include (but are not limited to) a medical stipend, accrued vacation and a retirement savings plan.
Schedule: Part-time, 20 hours per week. . Flexible hours during 9-5 PM, weekend hours are rare but expected.
Additional requirements: All applicants must pass a background check. All applicants of the Wylde Center must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
Work Location: Wylde Center offices at Legacy Park located at 500 S Columbia Dr, Decatur, GA 30030, with opportunities to work from home or other Wylde Center locations for a percentage of each week.
Contact: Stephanie Van Parys, stephanie@wyldecenter[dot]org
Post Date: March 9, 2023
Application Information: If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, 3 reference contacts, and a cover letter to Stephanie Van Parys, email@example.com . Please put OPERATIONS AND HR POSITION in the subject line. Resumes will be accepted for review through March 31, 2023 or until a candidate is found.
Start Date: April 3, 2023
WHO WE ARE
The mission of Wylde Center is to support resilient communities by connecting people to nature through environmental education and public greenspace.
Wylde Center accomplishes this through educational programs, events and greenspaces that actively engage youth, families and individuals in their environment, health and community, and that develop skills in environmental science, sustainable urban living, organic gardening, health, and nutrition.
The organization strives to provide an environment that cultivates a spirit of service, respect for diversity, global citizenship and character. Our commitment to a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture is reflected in a community in which differences are embraced, and staff, volunteers, and community partners have a sense of belonging.
At Wylde Center, we hire culturally competent and responsive candidates who believe in the critical importance of diversity, equity and inclusion in the success of an organization and can effectively incorporate those principles in their professional roles. Wylde Center actively seeks candidates from historically underrepresented populations.
Wylde Center was founded in 1997 out of a need to provide opportunities to experience nature in an urban environment. As a result of the community’s involvement and commitment, the organization has evolved into a large and active nonprofit organization operating five greenspaces (Oakhurst Garden, Sugar Creek Garden, Hawk Hollow, Edgewood Community Learning Garden, and the Mulberry Fields Garden) in four different Decatur and Atlanta neighborhoods, open year round for the community, for events and for Wylde Center’s educational programs.
Additionally, Wylde Center provides one of the largest youth environmental and science education programs in metro-Atlanta, including Farm to School in Decatur and Atlanta, after school programs at the Decatur Housing Authority, and science program and field trips linked to Common Core standards that take place at Wylde gardens.
Wylde Center’s mission is to educate, cultivate greenspaces and build community in the areas we serve.
We offer educational programs, events and greenspaces that actively engage youth, families and individuals in their environment, health and community, and that develop skills in environmental science, sustainable urban living, organic gardening, health, and nutrition.
Wylde Center was founded in 1997 out of a need to provide opportunities to experience nature in an urban environment. Thanks to the community’s involvement and commitment, we now operate five greenspaces in four different Decatur and Atlanta neighborhoods, open year-round for the community, for events and for our educational programs. Wylde Center also provides one of the largest youth environmental and science education programs in metro-Atlanta, including the Decatur Farm to School program, Atlanta Farm to School, Healthy Living by Healthy Growing at the Decatur Housing Authority, and science program and field trips linked to Common Core standards.
435 Oakview Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert