Service Team Leader
- L'Arche Greater Washington DC
- 20009, Washington D.C.
- 36,000-50,000 annually
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Healthcare, Human Services, Religion / Faith-based
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Direct Service / Social Service, Home Health Aid / Senior Care, Program / Project Management, Social Work / Counseling
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- High School
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
- Experience Level
The Service Team Leader (STL) position based in Adams Morgan, DC is open for applications, for an immediate start. The DC STL supports two homes of adults with intellectual disabilities and the assistants who support them in L’Arche homes as part of the larger federation of L’Arche International.
A successful candidate for the STL position will lead with compassion and flexibility, empowering and supporting the growth of the team and each team member. The STL will work closely with a Home Life Leader in each home, uplifting the mission of L’Arche: to share the gifts of people with intellectual disabilities.
Mission of a Service Team Leader
To lead a team of Assistants in providing competent contract services, within mutually transforming relationships between the Assistants and the core people (adults with intellectual disabilities), in a manner that reveals the gifts of each person being served.
Qualities and Expectations of a Service Team Leader
- Grounded and growing in a system of beliefs and values that is consistent with L’Arche’s Identity and Mission Statements.
- Provides management and leadership to support others to realize their full potential.
- Able to empower others to work in their own ways in relationships of trust.
- Creative problem solver and flexible.
- A desire and willingness to learn and grow.
- Strong organization and logistical coordination skills.
- Physically able to assist people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
- Willingness perform duties as an Assistant, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Willingness to remain in role for 2 or more years.
- Supervised by Program Coordinator
- Supervises Team of Assistants and Interns
- Scheduling and coordinating the work of Assistants, including calendars of routine schedules, and team meetings, and following up on issues that arise.
- Supervising Assistants, providing consistent feedback, meeting every six weeks (or more frequently if necessary), and introductory and annual performance evaluations.
- Collaborating with each Home Life Leader (HLL) to ensure that teams grow in the values and beliefs of L’Arche; supports in the spirit and practice of hospitality, sharing calendars and priorities.
- Assigning and ensuring completion of Assistant orientation and daily responsibilities, including competent creation and maintenance of all records.
- Supporting the working relationships between the team and other L’Arche leaders and teams.
- Share time weekly with core members on their daily routines.
- Respond to on call needs via Emergency Line for 2 weeks every 2 months.
- Meet with leadership team to address any concerns about the well-being of core people, the quality of service provision or record keeping, or the condition of property or vehicles.
- Establish and follow systems in place to ensure compliance with service contracts such as Individual Support Plans and Medicaid and State delivered services.
- Develop and maintain good communication and relationships with people involved in the lives of people served by the DC Assistant team.
- Collaborate with leadership team to assess, analyze and develop trainings as needed.
- Participating in the recruitment and selection of Assistants as needed.
- Participating in quality assurance reviews, inspections, and audits as needed.
- Fulfill other responsibilities as assigned.
Salary & Benefits
- Meaningful, mission-based, and community-focused work
- Compensation commensurate with experience; $36,000-$50,000 annually, additional on call stipend and hourly response rate.
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, fully paid disability and life insurance and matching 401k contributions after one year
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Generous paid time off; including floating holidays and sick time
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert