Marketing & Development Manager
- Pebble Tossers, Inc.
- Atlanta, Georgia / Hybrid position
- Part-time, 30 hours/week, non-exempt status, $22-27/hour, depending on experience and education.
- Closing date
- Apr 5, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Youth Development
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising, Event Planning, Marketing / Communications, Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Contract / Freelance
- Experience Level
ORGANIZATION MISSION: The Pebble Tossers' mission is to equip and engage youth to lead through service.
The Marketing + Development Manager will drive growth and awareness of Pebble Tossers brand, and provide quality control and evaluation of communications, membership, and development operations, including fundraising events. The MDM will implement innovative marketing strategies that increase awareness and attain revenue targets. The MDM reports to the Executive Director and the Board of Directors.
Marketing & Communications:
- Implement and evaluate the annual Marketing Plan and Communications Calendar across the membership and audiences in collaboration with the Pebble Tossers team;
- Manage and develop the distribution and maintenance of print and digital collateral, including social media, press releases, brochures, annual reports, e-newsletters, and Pebble Tossers’ website;
- Oversee membership program to increase overall membership numbers; enhance member stewardship and engagement;
- Assist Program Managers with outreach strategies, messaging, and promotion of programs;
- Track and measure the level of engagement over time and design strategy for improvement;
- Coordinate with Communications Manager on webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, blogs, photos, videos, social media links, and events) is posted regularly;
- Manage media contacts and plan announcements and other promotional events;
- Perform outreach to press outlets, magazines, influencers, and build strategic partnerships to grow brand recognition;
- Planning, implementation, and oversight of all signature events and special projects.
- Work with the Development Consultant to implement the development plan that details how Pebble Tossers solicits donors and identifies funding sources such as sponsorships, program sponsorships, grants, in-kind donations, charitable events, and marketing opportunities; includes quantifiable benchmarks to deepen and diversify the funding base, increase unrestricted funds from diverse sources, ensure internal resources are appropriately utilized;
- Oversee a comprehensive grants research, proposal production, and grants management program. Includes maintenance of grant calendar, as well as preparation of written acknowledgments and reports as needed;
- Assist grant writer with submitting and managing grant proposals and maintaining records of each proposal;
- Collaborate with Executive Director to establish and maintain donor stewardship.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in managing a comprehensive strategic communications plan, media relations, and marketing program to advance Pebble Tossers’ mission and goals;
- Degree in marketing, communications, nonprofit management, business administration, or the equivalent is preferred but not required;
- Experience in fund development and team leadership in a nonprofit or career-related setting;
- Experience with membership development programs;
- Experience in planning, writing, editing, and production of e-newsletters, press releases, annual reports, marketing literature, and other print publications;
- Innovative thinker with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output;
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively reach diverse demographic areas to ensure all-inclusive representation;
- A “get things done attitude” and the willingness to help out in multiple areas within the organization;
- Pre-employment background checks are conducted on final candidates.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Part-time, 30 hours/week, non-exempt status, 90-day evaluation with Executive Director after hire date, then potential for a full-time salaried position. Hybrid position, with some weeknight and weekend requirements. $22-27/hour, depending on experience and education.
Pebble Tossers embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a profound way. We are committed to building a team and community that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, skills, and abilities. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Please email cover letter, resume, two examples of digital content, and two employment references to Jennifer Guynn - jguynn@pebbletossers[dot]org
Pebble Tossers mission is to empower and develop youth into responsible citizens and lifelong volunteers. Pebble Tossers promotes service learning and engaging youth in social responsibility by connecting youth and families with age-appropriate service projects. Pebble Tossers also assists schools in planning and coordinating Days of Service and hosting customized youth development workshops and enrichment opportunities. Providing engaging programs for youth and their families helps develop sustained, strength-building relationships for adolescents. Uniquely, service provides opportunities to take on leadership roles, to problem solve, to cooperate with others, and to be part of solutions in our world.
1155 Mt. Vernon Hwy, NE
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert