Deputy Director - HR Training and Compliance (Remote)
- NextGen America
- San Francisco, California / fully remote position, must live in the US
- $98,000 - $117,000 plus very comprehensive benefits package
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Civil Rights / Advocacy
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Human Resources / Recruiting
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
- Experience Level
NextGen America is seeking a Deputy Director - HR Training and Compliance to lead compliance-based projects across all departments and programs at the organization. This individual will be responsible for driving organizational initiatives with the goal of upholding HR policy governance, supporting and developing managers, and maintaining internal departmental goals.
The ideal candidate has a passion for politics and a belief that young people will make the difference in America’s future. We are an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We value and are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion as an organization--in theory and in practice--and our culture reflects that value and commitment. We are committed to furthering issues like climate change, health care, and economic and racial justice from a progressive perspective, we seek to engage the public in these areas as well as others.
This role will report to the Senior Director of Human Resources.
This is a fully remote position with no location requirement. We encourage candidates from all locations within the United States to apply.
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Remote Position: Yes
Union Position: No
Travel Requirements: 1-10%
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, implement and maintain HR compliance, policies and procedures across the organization.
- Create and conduct audits of HR policies and systems and recommend changes to mitigate risks or penalties.
- Track HR/employment-related compliance including: vacation/sick time, time tracking for eligible hourly employees, mandatory org-wide trainings, recruitment-related compliance.
- Develop a regular cadence and monitoring of employee goal setting and accountability efforts.
- Conduct confidential investigations of claims of harassment, discrimination, bullying, retaliation, and other policy violations, and provide guidance on outcomes and communication.
- Ensure HR cases are handled fairly and consistently in a timely fashion, and in line with company values and applicable laws.
- Provide guidance to managers on coaching conversations and disciplinary actions.
- In collaboration with the Senior People Operations Director, create curriculum and facilitate trainings to better support professional development across the organization.
- Partner with the recruiting team with regards to applicant tracking, recruiting trainings, data integrity, and other compliance processes related to talent acquisition.
- Partner with teams cross departmentally to manage communication updates, including updates to policies and necessary education to associates and managers.
- Continuously improve HR practices within NGA to support a positive work culture and environment.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable federal and state requirements.
- Manage all exit interviews and analyze trends with recommended approaches to resolve areas of concern.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 15+ years of experience working in a corporate Human Resources environment
- 7+ years experience in facilitating trainings and/or workshops for diverse audiences, including content creation
- 4+ years of experience in full cycle recruiting
- Experience working in HR compliance and working knowledge law of multi-state employment law required
- Excellent communication skills (strong writing and facilitation abilities) with attention to detail
- Experience with document review and effectively communicating policies and procedures
- Sound judgment and discretion; able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Demonstrated track record of setting clear priorities and success in driving a results-oriented agenda that ties back to organizational long-term goals and strategy
- Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities; uses analytical and problem-solving skills; is a self-starter; takes initiative and drives for results
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations and be able to multitask without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team-oriented work environment
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly collaborative distributed workforce setting
- A passion for political activism and/or the environment
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience driving and/or supporting org-wide DEI initiatives.
The compensation range for this position is $98,000 - $117,000. NextGen America also offers a very comprehensive benefits package.
ABOUT NEXTGEN AMERICA:
NextGen America is the leading national organization for engaging young people through voter education, registration and mobilization. We invite 18-to-35 year olds — the largest and most diverse generation in American history — into our democracy to ensure our government works for them and to find new solutions to the dire challenges facing our society and the world. Since 2013, NextGen America has registered more than 1.4 million young voters and educated many millions more, delivering more than the margin of victory for progressives in key races and building an electorate that will lead American politics for decades to come.
NextGen America’s mission is to empower young voters to engage in the political process and ensure our government is responsive to the largest and most diverse generation in American history.
- (628) 208-0650
268 Bush Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert