Program Coordinator, Schwartz Center for Performing Arts
- Schwartz Center for Performing Arts at Emory University
- Atlanta, Georgia / Remote work-from-home day options may be available.
- Exempt, full-time, paid monthly. Annual salary range is $45k –$52k based on education/experience
- Closing date
- Apr 2, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Arts / Culture / Humanities, Education
- Job Function
- Accounting / Finance, Administrative / Clerical, Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- Not willing to travel
- Experience Level
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community. The Schwartz Center for Performing Arts (SCPA) at Emory University is a state-of-the-art facility providing a place where teaching, learning, and performance merge to create a vital arts presence for our community. Find out more about the Schwartz Center at schwartz.emory.edu.
This full-time exempt position will report to the Managing Director, with the primary responsibility of providing program support for departmental affairs to upper management, faculty, staff, and external partners. Occasional evenings and weekends are required, primarily in coordination with the SCPA season concert calendar.
The successful candidate will be a well-organized, self-motivated team player who is willing to support the many activities of a small department. They will have excellent interpersonal skills, be impeccable with details, and can facilitate several projects at any one time. Please note: the Emory University Careers site lists the full possible job description of — and minimum requirements for — a Program Coordinator at the university; however, the main responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Coordination of departmental accounts payable/receivable, interdepartmental transfers, purchasing, internal and external reporting, record-keeping, and archiving
- Oversight of student and contract employees
- Internal and external liaison for artist contracts, vendor, and facility agreements
- Occasional representation of the department on committees and at events.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required in coordination with event and concert calendar.
- The ideal candidate will be proficient in Peoplesoft, Oracle, Microsoft Excel, and InDesign (and/or other design software).
- The ideal candidate will have incredible attention to detail, be self-motivated, and be experienced at managing projects from concept to completion.
- Experience in the performing arts is preferable.
NOTE: Many position tasks are generally required to be performed in person at the Schwartz Center. Remote work-from-home day options may be available.
All applications must go through the Emory University Careers site at https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/107737/job. A cover letter is highly desired.
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert