- PATH Foundation, Inc.
- Atlanta, GA / Remote
- Part-time Contractor Position
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Recreation / Sports
- Job Function
- Accounting / Finance
- Position Type
- Part Time, Contract / Freelance
- Degree Level
- Experience Level
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Bookkeeper will partner with the Contract CFO to lead the Finance Department that enables the PATH Foundation to advance its mission throughout our city and state. The Bookkeeper is responsible for acting as a key player with PATH’s administrative function as well as a collaborative partner with the development department as required.
Key Finance Duties
- Record and manage all accounting records in QuickBooks desktop
- Process Accounts Receivable Create invoices for reimbursements
- Process checks, Stripe, Paypal and stock deposits
- Process Accounts Payable Reconcile all bank accounts monthly
- Administer monthly payroll processing and 403b retirement match
- Perform accounting processes including journal entries, allocations, account reconciliations and general ledger transactions
- Prepare monthly financial reports and quarterly cash flow reports
- Prepare financial reports for use in quarterly Board meetings
- Provide requests for annual audit and Form 990 (March 31 fiscal year end)
- Engage in annual review of health and benefits with insurance representative
- Conduct employee onboarding Complete retirement plan (403b) annual compliance request
- Engage in annual review of insurance policies with insurance representative and provide support for annual insurance audits
- Perform additional bookkeeping duties as needed
- Support PATH’s development function as assigned i.e. board member requests with regard to donations to the Annual Fund Campaign and/or Capital Campaign, fundraising statistics, etc.
- Work with the development department as part of the gift processing flow chart
- Act as a sounding board for development with regard to donor gift troubleshooting
- Present a professional image of The PATH Foundation
- Maintain the confidentiality of PATH donors, all funding and/or assets
- Act as a positive representative for PATH when attending events, board and staff meetings, ribbon cuttings, etc.
- Establish a rapport with staff members, consultants, WSB employees and all other PATH constituents
- 5-10 years of experience in accounting / accounting management
- Mastery of Accounting principles and concepts
- Extensive experience with QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including advanced skills in Excel Excellent organizational skills
- High attention to detail and facility with numbers
- Responsiveness and ability to deliver quick turnaround with high degree of accuracy
- Professional and polished communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization
THE PATH FOUNDATION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ABOUT THE PATH FOUNDATION
PATH has been building a network of trails across Georgia for more than three decades. To date, 314 miles of trails are open to the public for exploration, engagement and enjoyment. Our trails are visited by millions annually for connection with nature and each other. PATH is committed to enhancing our regional landscape with safe, accessible trails that strengthen communities in our city and state. We are laser focused on Connection … Collaboration … and Community.
To transform Metro Atlanta into the most trail-connected city in the United States and to share knowledge and experience with other communities to promote trail development.
To transform Metro Atlanta into the most trail connected city in the United States and to share knowledge and experience with other communities to promote trail development.
PO Box 14327
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert