Chief Development Officer
- Rainbow Village
- Duluth, Georgia
- $100k+ based on experience/generous benefit package
- Closing date
- Mar 31, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Housing / Shelter, Human Services, Youth Development
- Job Function
- Development / Fundraising
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Experience Level
Rainbow Village, Inc.
Position: Chief Development Officer (CDO)
Status: Exempt - Full-time
Salary: $100k+ based on experience
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Location: Duluth, GA
To transform the lives of families experiencing homelessness by providing help, hope, housing, and healing to instill initiative, self-development, and accountability that will foster meaningful growth in the lives of all who encounter Rainbow Village.
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and leading the Development Team, the Chief Development Officer (CDO) will be a critical part of the leadership team at Rainbow Village. The successful CDO will lead in developing the strategy, planning, execution, and management of fundraising and donor relations activities in cooperation with the CEO, Board of Directors, and the Development Team. He/she will be responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the organization’s fundraising initiatives including grants, annual fund, major gifts, special events and capital campaigns. The CDO is also responsible for developing, implementing and executing an annual development plan designed to expand existing and secure new funding opportunities across all revenue sources to support the current and future organizational and financial goals. We are seeking a strategic thinker with strong leadership skills, emotional intelligence, and ability to design and execute complex projects involving multiple stakeholders.
The CDO will be joining Rainbow Village as the organization continues its plan for significant growth, and will have the lead in connecting with, and shepherding the funders and partners needed for the organization to execute on its expansion plan.
The ideal CDO will have experience developing and implementing comprehensive fundraising and storytelling strategies, a passion for managing teams, and a commitment to systematizing and leveraging data to support fundraising and external relationships.
- Engage supporters, prospective donors and organizations on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Work strategically to ensure key performance goals are achieved and fundraising best practices are followed.
- Create an annual development plan with targets for key revenue sources including events, individual giving, foundations, corporate, community and faith based organizations.
- Develop a major gifts strategy including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major donors.
- Create and implement a Planned Giving strategy with focus on Legacy Gifts.
- Continually work to expand participation in the Rainbow Village Legacy Society.
- Make public appearances and speaking engagements as appropriate.
- Manage and enhance the CRM process utilizing the Salesforce database and other tracking systems.
- Design and oversee creation of publications, collateral and social media to support fundraising activities in collaboration with internal resource partners.
- Shape capital campaigns and other major fundraising drives in collaboration with executive and board leadership.
- Ensure excellence in volunteer programming and experience.
- Always demonstrate professional conduct.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- A bachelor’s degree, with a master’s degree and/or CFRE certification preferred.
- Five or more years of demonstrated ability and success in fundraising development with an emphasis on major gift and planned giving experience
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with diverse individuals/ groups while maintaining confidentiality and use of appropriate discretion.
- Capacity to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision, follow directions, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and manage stressful situations effectively.
- Must be flexible and have a good sense of humor.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert