Dance Program Administrator (part-time)
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center
- Atlanta, Georgia
- $25/hr firm
- Closing date
- Mar 30, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Arts / Culture / Humanities
- Job Function
- Administrative / Clerical, Customer Service / Retail, Education / Teaching, Event Planning
- Position Type
- Part Time
Callanwolde is a community arts center and renowned venue located on a historic 12-acre estate in the heart of metro Atlanta. Our mission is to provide the Atlanta community with premier, accessible arts education, especially to the underserved, while promoting enjoyment of the arts at the historic and inspiring Callanwolde estate.
The Dance Program Administrator’s responsibilities include providing administrative and programmatic support for the Callanwolde School of Dance. This position performs all administrative and front desk supervisory duties during Callanwolde School of Dance sessions.
This role is schedule dependent on programming needs, and will be consistent through the season (August- May) with some breaks. The projected schedule for this role is Monday- Thursday, 3:00pm- 8:30pm; Saturday 8:30am- Noon.
The Dance Program Administrator is directly responsible for the following:
- Oversees scheduling for all dance and movement programming.
- Prepares “room report” document weekly for facilities staff.
- Provides teachers, participants, and parents with general information regarding the expectations and format of the class.
- Assist staff to plan and implement a variety of dance related activities.
- Capture and organize content for communications & marketing purposes.
- Provide frontline technical support as needed.
- Prepare orders for all supplies/ equipment available for dance classes.
- Assist staff in all discipline issues.
- Work with dance staff to ensure all supplies and equipment are available.
- Serve as the liaison to Callanwolde staff and parents.
- Prepares contract information for Programs team/ Finance Director.
- Communicate regularly with faculty and staff regarding the dance operation.
- Attends meetings and staff events as needed.
- Provides a fun and safe environment to learn the essentials of various types of dance.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work environment including dance rooms and storage.
- Produce “Run of Show” document and provide logistical support for dance recitals and other performances in collaboration with the Dance Artistic Director and other School of Dance faculty.
- Performs the job safely and in compliance with Callanwolde policies, procedures, work and safety rules.
The position is part-time, with a projected 25 hours per week. Evening and weekend work is required. This position is classified as hourly, non-exempt. The Dance Program Administrator reports to the Arts Education Director and is a member of the programs team. This position is subject to a criminal background check and drug and alcohol testing. The Dance Program Administrator is expected to use discretion and independent judgment in carrying out his/her responsibilities and to represent the organization in a professional, knowledgeable and collegial manner at all times. Other conditions and benefits are explained in the Staff Policy Manual.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of two years of dance administration or education preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional customer service ability.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Communicates well with Callanwolde staff and faculty.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently organize data into computer software and systems.
- Good verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse group of individuals from various racial, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Working knowledge and experience with ticketing, event production, or other related components of dance performance.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and an ability to work collaboratively.
Callanwolde Fine Arts Center offers approximately 500 classes and summer camps per year, with 48 percent being geared toward children and youth. Our programs reach a broad community, including toddlers exploring creative movement, teens engaging in ballet performances and photography camps, seniors learning painting and pottery, disabled veterans using art classes to overcome post-traumatic stress disorder, emerging artists advancing their careers through our gallery, young adults exploring careers in music recording, public school groups engaging in arts field trips, and the list goes on. Offering shared experiences among friends, families, and neighbors, Callanwolde is a treasured living room, studio, school, workspace, kitchen, and park to all we serve. Callanwolde is the former estate of Charles Howard Candler (1878-1957), second president of The Coca-Cola Company. DeKalb County now owns and maintains the property today, the 501(c)(3) nonprofit Callanwolde Foundation has operated the Arts Center since 1983.
980 Briarcliff RD. NE
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert