High School and College English Teachers, Editors & Writers - Work with teens & young adults
- Apogee College Prep, LLC
- Virtual / Remote
- $50/hr+ based on experience
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Job Function
- Education / Teaching
- Position Type
- Contract / Freelance
- Degree Level
- Experience Level
Apogee College Prep is a group of dedicated professional educators and writers focused on helping students apply for admission to undergraduate, graduate, and professional higher education programs. We've been working to level the playing field in higher education admission since 2014. Apogee College Prep excels at serving the needs of a diverse community, meeting students where they are in the college/university application process. We work with students of all ability levels using a strengths-based approach to empower them to succeed. In addition, we strive to foster a balance of independence and collaboration, encouraging student self-advocacy.
We want to grow our Independent Educational Consultants team, which works one-on-one with students virtually. We pride ourselves on equitable practices, encouraging our staff and students to be their "true" selves. Our target candidate is an open-minded, progressive, and forward-thinking educator with years of teaching personal narrative writing to high school or college-aged students. This position is perfect for those looking to pivot from classroom teaching to independent educational consulting. Experience with the college admission process on a professional level is ideal.
The position is part-time and pays an hourly wage based on experience. Your location must provide access to working with students via Zoom during the day's 3 pm-9 pm ET block. One weekend workday is preferable. Currently, we offer no benefits other than working with a terrific team of coaches who are passionate about helping students.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting students with developing and writing personal essays for applications
Scheduling weekly meetings with students and maintaining a shared calendar
Writing meeting recap letters to students/parents and communicating with students/parents, Apogee’s Founder, and Lead Coach regularly.
Attending weekly Zoom meetings to provide updates, collaborate and strategize student success
- Participating in family Zoom sessions and student introductory meetings as needed.
- Helping students complete applications and proofreading them before they are sent
- Advancing your understanding of the higher education admission field through professional development
- Engaging in professional development such as webinars, classes, and certifications about college admission or essay coaching.
Personal and Professional Characteristics we Seek and Value:
- You have a passion for teaching, guiding, coaching, and supporting teens and young adult students in their quest for higher education success
- You are dedicated to the concept of equity in high education admission
- You possess an advanced degree in education or a related field
- You have 5+ years of high school or college-level teaching/leadership.
- You are intellectually curious and are willing to spend personal time to grow your knowledge of college admissions and essay coaching through professional development such as webinars, classes, and certifications.
- You are a writer and have experience coaching personal narratives.
- You have experience working with students on higher education admission.
- You have an easy-going, positive, and engaging personality.
- You maintain a serious and dedicated work ethic.
- You are familiar with and adept at using Google Docs and Zoom and are willing to learn the technology platform we use.
This position entails working as an independent contractor for Apogee College Prep. Our business is expanding, and there is tremendous potential for advancement on the administrative level for the right individual.
Please forward a cover letter and resume/vitae detailing your relevant experience and reasons for your interest and application. Include what makes you a unique candidate for the position. Highlight your professional accomplishments, interests, values, and character.
Seriously interested candidates should send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to:
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert