Refugee Economic Empowerment Manager (Savannah)
- Savannah, Georgia
- Closing date
- Mar 29, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Human Services
- Job Function
- Direct Service / Social Service
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Degree Level
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
Refugee Economic Empowerment Manager (Savannah)
Salary Grade/Level/Family/Range: $50,000 - $60,000 per year
Reports to: Associate Director of Refugee Services
Date: Updated 10/18/2021
The Economic Empowerment Manager will ensure the provision of economic empowerment services to refugees, asylees, Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) holders, and Afghan Humanitarian Parolees in South Georgia to help them become financially self-sufficient and build their economic futures. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Refugee Services, the Economic Empowerment Manager will plan, direct and coordinate activities of assigned programs that include Matching Grant Early Self Sufficiency Program, DHS Employment Services, Income Supports, and other new programs as assigned. The manager will ensure that the goals and objectives of these programs are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and within budget. The manager will be responsible for ensuring that all program reports and billings are complete and accurate, and that the required information is collected and documented. The manager will work closely with the Associate Director to monitor collaboration and teamwork among the program staff. She/he will also cultivate relationships with stakeholders and community resources.
- Understands and is aware of all aspects of the programs contractual requirements.
- Consistently stays abreast of all aspects and any changes in the programs contractual requirements.
- Organizes and coordinates the programs activities in compliance with all contract and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures all documentation is accurately prepared for clients by program staff.
- Identifies, contacts, and develops partnerships with appropriate employers who will provide quality employment opportunities at market rates in suitable work sites.
- Coordinates with local and state entities to ensure that all eligible refugee and immigrant clients are able to access public benefits and income supports as needed.
- Portrays Inspiritus employment programs as a reliable staffing source.
- Ensures appropriate program enrollment for all eligible RIS clients.
- Facilitates communication between Inspiritus staff, employers, and clients after client placement to identify and help resolve any problems.
- Monitors team members to ensure that the required reporting and billing information is submitted and the monthly billings are accurate.
- Oversees the database documentation and tracking pertaining to each program and any other data to ensure they are complete, accurate, and up-to-date.
- Ensures that clients receive the services outlined in the contracts.
- Ensures that all services provided are properly documented and meet or exceed contract standards & guidelines.
- With the Associate Director, facilitates regular monitoring of case files to ensure compliance and completion.
- Assists staff with issues or grievances that may arise with clients, the community, etc.
- With the Associate Director, develops a tool to assess refugee and stakeholder program satisfaction. Develops and implements quality improvement plans based upon the assessment.
- Helps ensure the coordination and integration of services. Coordinates program activities with related activities within the department and in other departments to ensure efficiency and economy.
- Helps respond to monitoring and audit reports, and implements required changes.
- Creates and manages partnerships and relationships with services providers, partner agencies, public systems, and state refugee coordinators office in order to better serve clients.
- Maintains personal and professional boundaries in the performance of the job.
- Forges mutually respectful partnerships with clients, co-workers, and employers.
- Assists in securing funding for current and new programs.
- Participates in Inspiritus functions and public relations activities.
- Participates in training and professional conferences to keep abreast of current trends.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Problem Solving & Critical Thinking
- Cultural Competence
- Demonstrate Ethical & Professional Behavior
- Advance Human Rights and Social and Economic Justice
- Stress Tolerance
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Partnership & Relationship Management
- Supervises Employment Specialists, Refugee Support Specialists, and interns as assigned in the Economic Empowerment Department.
- Interviews and selects staff with input from others.
- Orients, coaches and counsels staff.
- Ensures training requirements and needs are met.
- May conduct in-service training.
- Delegates and oversees work assignments.
- Ensures case reviews are conducted at least quarterly.
- Monitors performance and adherence to Inspiritus mission, policies, procedures and service philosophy.
- Conducts performance reviews.
- Recommends or initiates personnel actions such as salary increases, promotions, disciplinary actions including performance improvement plans and terminations.
- Responsible for oversight and monitoring of program budgets.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Travel: Up to 25% local travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree or international equivalent in a social service or economic empowerment-related study and minimum of two years of previous direct work experience in economic empowerment, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment and high level of cultural competence
- Ability to balance the needs of the client and the employer
- Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change
- Ability to set limits and maintain the helping role of the practitioner
- Excellent computer skills, accurate typing, and knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service populations cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must own a personal multi-passenger vehicle, hold a valid Georgia Drivers license, have a good driving record, and have appropriate personal auto insurance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Masters degree in social science or economic empowerment-related study and four years of previous direct work experience in economic empowerment, human services, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience supervising diverse teams of staff and/or interns
- Familiarity with major Savannah social services programs, job market, public transportation, and neighborhoods
- Experience with human services programs
- Reads, writes, and speaks a relevant foreign language
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
For over thirty five years, Inspiritus, formerly Lutheran Services of Georgia and Lutheran Services in Tennessee, has promoted programs that enhance the stability, wellness, health, and safety of individuals and families. Since our founding in 1981, we have touched the lives of more than 100,000 individuals. Please see some key dates in our history below.
Our Mission Inspiritus guides individuals and families on a path from surviving to thriving. We empower those whose lives have been disrupted to discover their strengths and resilience, accompanying them as they grow into vibrant contributors to their community. Our Vision Transformed communities where all, regardless of their background or circumstances, thrive and enrich the world around them.
230 Peachtreet Street NW Suite 1100
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert