CHILDHOOD OBESITY PROGRAM ASSISTANT - Hybrid Work
- The Center Helping Obesity In Children End Successfully, Inc. (C.H.O.I.C.E.S.)
- Atlanta, Georgia / Hybrid work model
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Closing date
- Mar 24, 2023
- Focus Areas
- Agriculture / Food / Nutrition, Education
- Job Function
- Program / Project Management
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Degree Level
- Some college
- Experience Level
PROGRAM ASSISTANT - HYBRID WORK
The Center Helping Obesity In Children End Successfully, Inc. seeks a Program Assistant to join our team in the fight to promote healthy lifestyle changes for the clinically diagnosed and at risk children of obesity.
Formed in 2002, C.H.O.I.C.E.S. is a nutrition education and mobile food pantry based program aimed at teaching children and their families how to prepare and eat healthy foods at home. We also provide health and wellness based programs and collaborate with partners who address systemic changes in order to promote our vision of 'food as fun and as medicine'.
Over the past 21 years, C.H.O.I.C.E.S. has delivered its grassroots message of education and health to more than 85,000 children and adults. In the past three years, we have distributed more than 1.1 million meals to families in need.
C.H.O.I.C.E.S. - Community Teaching Kitchen (CTK): 125 Ellis Street, Atlanta, Georgia
For this position, we are looking for candidates with at least three years of program/project experience. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently and with other team members on the following programs:
- Culinary Arts: Plans menus for cooking classes, as well as providing knowledge and input as it relates to food science, nutrition and diet.
- Nutrition Education: Provides educational strategies and designs classes and workshops targeting those with obesity-related illnesses.
- Health & Wellness: Responsible for developing programming with focused awareness and education of the whole person.
- Marketing & Publicity: Helping to develop strategies that amplify the brand across both traditional and non-traditional platforms, drive class enrollment, secure press exposure and interview requests, as well as community outreach.
- Mobile Food Pantry: Provides healthy protein, dry goods and produce to families in need with the help of community and corporate volunteers.
- Written communications to corporate sponsors and volunteers to coordinate participation in team building and fundraising activities.
- Drafting emails to city, county and state officials for services needed.
- Helping to supervise and train volunteers during on-site events and mobile food pantry distributions.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual back-to-school health, education and wellness expo.
- Schedule weekly staff zoom meetings.
- Maintain corporate sponsor and organization's activities calendar.
Candidate should be proficient in Evite, Asana, Constant Contact, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Oasis and Google or able to learn technology platforms quickly. Flexible work hours are available and schedule to include some working from home. Please email a cover letter and resume to HR@choicesforkids[dot]org with Program Assistant in the subject line.
The Center Helping Obesity in Children End Successfully, Inc. (C.H.O.I.C.E.S.) is a nutrition education and mobile food pantry based program aimed at teaching children and their families how to prepare and eat healthy foods at home. We also provide health and wellness programs and collaborate with partners who address systemic changes in order to promote our vision of 'food as fun and as medicine'.
- (678) 819-3663
1275 Shiloh Road NW
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert